Thread: Really Random thread

Sometimes it's good to be sad. You can't have a cynical heart whilst watching a Pixar movie. I'm hoping the same for the Ratchet and Clank movie :oui:

I guesss

on the topic of how we discovered the site, I knew about this place from a guy on youtube back in 2007 (infact I think it was the creator) but back then the site was only in french so I didn't use the site until the english version came out and even then I didn't use the forums atall. It was also the time that the Starship Pheonix was around (an RAC fansite I used that had a decent community size until a few months before it died (just after Q Force was announced).
After that site died I had very little contact with the fandom for a while, I rejoined the fandom through the IG forums and posted there after finding out thaf the official RAC forum had also been killed. Ironically KBABZ bashing this site was what made me curious as to what it was like here, I thought that the community was so much better here that I decided to stay.
So there, its been a 8 year trek through the fandom's community to end me back at the site that made me aware of RAC fansites, as Drek would say "it's so poetic".

Yeah, why does Kbabz keep doing that? We're not in it for profit, just fun!

I usually came here to listen to music before realizing this place was also a forum. And while I don't have many posts so far, I prefer the community over here more. Nothing personal against the IG forums, I like that one, too, but I like how much more laid-back this place and its members are.

I don't know anything about this Kbabz guy, but Spoiler!!!!!!!!

As to sadness touching the core memories, I think it was something to do with making them fond memories to think about and remember, but in a way that the girl (don't hate me, but I don't remember her name) still recognizes that she is at a new point in her life after moving and will -unfortunately- never return to that life again. So in short, those memories need to be "sad" so that she can look back fondly, accept her life for what it was, and move on.

I hope my thoughts make sense! emoji Also, I think the devil clank smiley is new. Could be wrong though. Is that actually Klunk? emojiemoji

Also, I like this site. You guys are pretty cool.

I usually came here to listen to music before realizing this place was also a forum. And while I don't have many posts so far, I prefer the community over here more. Nothing personal against the IG forums, I like that one, too, but I like how much more laid-back this place and its members are.

I 2nd that: it's a wonderful community emoji

I haven't watched Inside Out, and I've already opened the spoiler tags. That means, the ending has been spoiled for me. Yay…

I haven't watched Inside Out, and I've already opened the spoiler tags. That means, the ending has been spoiled for me. Yay…

Then why the heck did you click them!?

As to sadness touching the core memories, I think it was something to do with making them fond memories to think about and remember, but in a way that the girl (don't hate me, but I don't remember her name) still recognizes that she is at a new point in her life after moving and will -unfortunately- never return to that life again. So in short, those memories need to be "sad" so that she can look back fondly, accept her life for what it was, and move on.

Yeah, that bit of sadness just turned these memories into, well, nostalgic memories.

that ending was….. Ugh

What do you mean by that? Because I can't think of a single thing wrong with it.

SPOILER

User image

huh ?

I haven't seen the movie yet, so I tried to avoid looking at that post at all costs. All I noticed was 'Riley' and 'Memory' or something like that.

It's nice you tried to use the spoiler tags, but mistakes were made emoji next time try to hit the "preview" button before posting emoji

DinoBoo, I came here for the music, too. I was looking for the Eviscerator theme in Deadlocked and it was here I realized/realised (I should already check which one is correct) it's the same theme as the Tower of Power one. I lingered around here, reading fanfics, until I decided to make an account (twice). I remember trying to contact Kubak, yet because I crazily respected all the more prominent users, I wrote to him as if he were Dalai Lama or someone like that emoji
(I seriously hope I haven't offended anyone with that)

Also, both Animovie and ankadewo have surpassed me in post number. Well, I guess that's what I get for not fully participating in the Word Chain threads emoji

Perhaps I should watch it now, I think my prejudices were misplaced. emoji

Perhaps I should watch it now, I think my prejudices were misplaced. emoji

I don't know what you were expecting, but I'll tell you that - it's one of the smartest animated movie's I've ever seen. I'd say go watch, because it's worth it emoji

Well, appart from the titles being translated instead of just English (usually a bad sign), the character design seemed a bit childish and the banner was very… empty. Not very inviting.

Well, appart from the titles being translated instead of just English (usually a bad sign), the character design seemed a bit childish and the banner was very… empty. Not very inviting.

Okay, I'll give you that, I wasn't really a fan of these designs either, but in the movie itself… The characters are so likable and their animation is so great that their designs really stopped bugging me.

I remember trying to contact Kubak, yet because I crazily respected all the more prominent users, I wrote to him as if he were Dalai Lama or someone like that emoji

That is totally undertandable :oui: I hope I'm not offending anyone either…