Thread: Really Random thread

A game by IG that isn't R&C, isn't rated 18+ and isn't a mobile title? It's about time! Looking forward to this emoji

I'm not sure. It looks a bit like a water level from Donkey Kong. Except with more mechanics. I don't think it's my cup of tea, but we'll see!

I like it!
The background reminds me of Rayman for some reason, not that that's a bad thing.
I'm very curious about this game, especially since it's described as a Metroidvania. I usually love Metroidvanias and I hope this one will be no different.
Let's see if IG doesn't let this one fall under the radar like most of their recent non-R&C games.

Looks promising.

Then again so did Overwatch.

I've seen the trailer. Looks good, but unfortunately it's not quite my type of game. But keep it up, IG!

And Sony, DON'T JUST LEAVE US HERE IN SOUTHEAST ASIA AND NOT RELEASING R&C!

Hmm… this name sounds familiar…

User image

Obvs!

User image

Hmm… this name sounds familiar…

User image

You know I was (for whatever reason) thinking of Sims sound effects just before I opened up Ratchet Galaxy and saw your post.

Also, to add to this thread of random thoughts, I just watched the movie Frozen, and I am aware that a lot of people (HeatherGrace) are quite fond of this movie… and it is alright for a movie with singing crammed into every nook and cranny.

The story was okay, and the characters were okay. But I am not much of a fan of movies having musical numbers as much as Disney movies generally do. It really breaks the flow of the film for me.

Oh I also watched Inside Out a while back. That movie was pretty good.

Frozen is okay, but Inside Out? Man, that movie hit me hard emotionally. Especially in the ending. To be honest, I almost cried at the end. And by the way, any of you have watched The Good Dinosaur? The trailers failed to convince me to watch it (like some Disney movies do nowadays), but I heard that the storyline is actually quite good. Do you recommend the movie?

Haven't seen it. I'd actually forgotten about it until now.

I heard the Good Dinosaur flopped so bad. The only plus side they gave it was having the best animation of any Pixar film ever.

I knew it'll turn out to be bad. Does anybody know why? I'm guessing it's because of the storyline and characters.

User image
Today I visited the Animation Studio: Reel FX! When I opened the doors it was amazing to see hallways filled with posters, concept art, and statues of different films they worked on! Here are a few:
User image
1) Free Birds: a bit of pre-production, like, 5 shots in total. My mentor said that the director of the movie was a Canadian jerk-face that no one like working with. I've seen this movie on Netflix, and trust me, ACIT has a better time-travel plot than this!
User image
2) The Book of Life: a Mexican-style film that has nothing to do with scary themes (dispite being released on Halloween). My mentor said that this movie was fun to make, but the art style made rigging and animating difficult. He thinks they should've went the Wallace and Gromit route.
User image
3) TMNT 2007: Just 5 seconds worth of film production on this one.
User image
4) Rise of the Guardians: This movie was actually Reel FX's idea! They owned the movie until Dreamworks bought it from them…
User image
5) Wish Police: This movie has not come out yet, but I have seen movie posters and concept arts for the film. Nothing has been officially released yet, and there's some things I can't talk about yet. But basically: It's Inside Out + Good Cop/Bad Cop.

Other projects include advertizing (Chucky Cheese). Animated shorts (Looney Tunes), and a VR project called "Monster on a hill." There's also a Hardcore Scooby-Doo movie in the works!
There are sooo many different jobs people have here: Character Animation, Modeling, Rigging (ugh), Shading, Lighting, VFX, sketching, concept art, sculpting, marketing, ect.
The only places I wasn't allowed access to were: Storyboarding, Screening, and Dailies.

Interesting, Ani. And Free Birds, that's about some turkeys which wanted to change the past and prevent people from eating turkeys every Thanksgiving, right?