Thread: Best game in the series? Nah!

But yeah, rather unpopular opinion - I preferred ACiT over ToD.

Is that actually the unpopular opinion? I was under the impression that ACiT was more well-liked (or are we still talking purely soundtracks here?).

In my opinion, the music in ACiT was okay… it sounded like they were trying to go for a more cinematic feel (the music felt more like the sort of music you might hear in a film than in a game).

I do remember it having a cinematic sound to it, and I really enjoy cinematic music that can be in a movie. I guess that's one reason why I really like ACiT: It's the one that feels like it is closest to a movie.

But yeah, rather unpopular opinion - I preferred ACiT over ToD.

Is that actually the unpopular opinion? I was under the impression that ACiT was more well-liked (or are we still talking purely soundtracks here?).

I'm with Chocolate. I thought that was a widespread opinion. In some ways I do like ACiT more than ToD, even though I love ToD.

Out of all I find ACiT's soundtrack the most memorable. There's a lot of harmony in those tunes.

Though my memory is blurry from trying to stay away from them for a while I think I remember enough to agree with you that there was much harmony in the soundtrack.

I guess that's one reason why I really like ACiT: It's the one that feels like it is closest to a movie.

And that's why I dislike it.
When I buy an R&C game I expect only two things: Quirky humour and explosions, not a blockbuster. That's what Uncharted is for.
And the awesomely catchy tunes of the classics definetely helped the explosions have a bit more pezaz.
I mean seriously, the sounds of agony and firing shots are almost part of the songs (I can't listen to Mylon's theme without imagining the iconic Thyrranoid scream and the sound their blaters made when fired).

In ACiT I barely notice the music, in fact, one of the biggest discoveries I made on this site was Torren IV's theme.

In ACiT I barely notice the music, in fact, one of the biggest discoveries I made on this site was Torren IV's theme.

It had a music at all!? Yeah, when I heard it outside the game it was like listening to something I've never heard before, though I sure did.

In ACiT I barely notice the music

Same here; the only track that I ever really remember is Vorselon's theme and that's only because it's quite loud in the cutscene in which he's first introduced…

I still can remember a lot of the soundtrack as I mentioned before, but… Yeah, from the battle section of Torren IV and Agorian Battleplex I can only remember these war horns.

And that's why I dislike it.
When I buy an R&C game I expect only two things: Quirky humour and explosions, not a blockbuster. That's what Uncharted is for.

Perhaps it really is just a sense of taste. I daydream about Ratchet and Clank being cinematically epic and still having the humor.I'll add that at first I thought Ratchet and Clank were going to be at odds over using the Clock (not violently though). I just think the future trilogy added richness to the series' story overall. I day dream about different events and stories in history as being epic and I sometimes do the same with video games. Perhaps I am trying to quinch my own thirst for such adventures. Plus I love emotion and drama.

I don't want to stress on the music for too long. But we can always continue talking about the music.
I add…

Plot-Holes: Why did Tachyon look for Ratchet before looking for Azimuth? Why does Azimuth treat Tachyon like a stranger when Tachyon was raised in Fastoon? Was the war of Gimllick Valley 6 minutes old? Why did Ratchet drop Talwyn when in QfB it was shown he went directly to Breegus?

1. It was never said that Tachyon wasn't looking for Alister in the first place. For all we know Tachyon could have unsuccessfully searching for Alister for years before Tachyon came to the Solana Galaxy for Ratchet, and we are just never informed of the search.
2. I don't see what you mean with Alister treating Tachyon like a stranger being raised on Fastoon. Alister trusted Tachyon.
3. I always thought the battle for Gimllick Valley was between one and two decades ago, perhaps not long after the lombaxes left Polaris.
4.I read somewhere that Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, and A Crack in Time are six months apart from each other. I'm not saying I think this but I'm not very sure the events of A Crack in Time took place directly after those in Quest for Booty. I can se 6 months between ToD and QfB. Maybe Ratchet took some time to prepare for the rescue. He did pick up Qwark after all.

I now have a headache.

Plot-Holes: Why did Tachyon look for Ratchet before looking for Azimuth? Why does Azimuth treat Tachyon like a stranger when Tachyon was raised in Fastoon? Was the war of Gimllick Valley 6 minutes old? Why did Ratchet drop Talwyn when in QfB it was shown he went directly to Breegus?

1. It was never said that Tachyon wasn't looking for Alister in the first place. For all we know Tachyon could have unsuccessfully searching for Alister for years before Tachyon came to the Solana Galaxy for Ratchet, and we are just never informed of the search.
2. I don't see what you mean with Alister treating Tachyon like a stranger being raised on Fastoon. Alister trusted Tachyon.
3. I always thought the battle for Gimllick Valley was between one and two decades ago, perhaps not long after the lombaxes left Polaris.
4.I read somewhere that Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, and A Crack in Time are six months apart from each other. I'm not saying I think this but I'm not very sure the events of A Crack in Time took place directly after those in Quest for Booty. I can se 6 months between ToD and QfB. Maybe Ratchet took some time to prepare for the rescue. He did pick up Qwark after all.

I now have a headache.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_kdvwu1lx4#t=0m18s

2. "We were approached by an inventor with incredible ideas! Technology light years beyond what we were using!"
I don't think he'd speak of someone he raised that way.

3. I know, what I was saying is that, according to the game's ending, if you go more than six minutes into the past you'll tear a hole in the space time continiuum, but the Battle of Gimllick Valley was 10 years old.

4. I'm basing myself off of QfB's ending, which clearly stated Ratchet went staright to Breegus after he had left Merdegraw.

Ratchet22, truff (No I don't want to quote)… see:

1. Yeah, Tachyon actually didn't know that there's Alister out there. He said it, remember? "Only two stayed behind." Kaden and Ratchet.

2. Darkstar has a point here - raising a Cragmite seemed quite dangerous and I suppose a four-bolt magidtrate should know.

3. The thing is… On both Zanifar and Morklon, you travel back in time (2 and 10 years!), but Plumber insists that 6 minutes is probably maximum. Clank does these six minutes. He could probably go further, but thhat would be risky, and the time where Alister wanted to go is sure more than 10 years.

4. No opinion on this… I missed all the facts.

NINJAAAAAH!

Let's not forget that according to Space Radio News Tachyon also knew about Angela (who was taken away by Max Apogee before Empire forces got to her). But still, if Tachyon wasn't able to find Azimuth, how does it come

CAPTAIN "USELESS" QWARK DOEST ALMOST AT THE BEGGINING OF ACIT?

"Behold, the last Lombax in the universe I can find.

Well, K12, HE can find. I guess that is understandable.

Oh, I forgot a detail.
"They didn't all leave, you know? Many lombaxes are dead." says Azimuth.
Explain this to me then: How was it that "only two stayed behind" if many lombaxes are dead?

Yeah, well done Mr. Fixman… I wonder how many plotholes will R&C movie have, and how much more if it gets a sequel.

Yeah, well done Mr. Fixman… I wonder how many plotholes will R&C movie have, and how much more if it gets a sequel.

I can understand the plothole of Tachyon not being raised on Fastoon since maybe Fixman didn't like the idea, but the other plothole was all Fixman's fault since he had already taken over ToD by that point.

Okay, I see what you mean when you're talking about Alister talking to Azimuth as if he were a stranger. We know Tachyon was raised on Fastoon. We know that Alister spoke of Tachyon as if he were a stranger when he came forward with his inventions. The logical explanation…Tachyon was raised on Fastoon and never interacted with Azimuth growing up and Alister may have not actually known that there was a cragmite on Fastoon even though it seems odd.

Plus I forgot about the part where Tachyon said "last lombax in the universe."

Concerning the whole 6 minutes thing, is that not only when using the Clock to reverse time? The 6 minutes thing doesn't count if you yourself go back in time. Ratchet and Clank went back in time, they didn't totally rewind time like they did at the end with the Clock in chamber.

Oh, I forgot a detail.
"They didn't all leave, you know? Many lombaxes are dead." says Azimuth.
Explain this to me then: How was it that "only two stayed behind" if many lombaxes are dead?

I'm guessing two alive ones stayed behind. We know (I'm beginning to be bothered by that phrase myself) that before the lombaxes left many fought and died against Tachyon. I'll admit. This seems odd. Okay…Either Alister or Tachyon does not know what they are talking about or one is lying…or I'm feeling in plotholes with my imagination.