Thread: Pretty Random Movie Thread

There were no Hoolefoids in the trailer… I think you meant the Tharpods. Also, these species are probably there because, well, borrowing already fitting designs from the PS3 games is much easier than redesigning creatures from the old series so that they look good in the movie. It's a low-budget movie, so it saves a lot of effort.

Tharpods! That's the one! Whoops emoji

And yeah, I guess they're using more recent species for budgetary reasons; but then again, there weren't that many pivotal characters in the original game… they could probably have found a way around the budget and still use Solana species…? I don't know. And, naturally, I can't know without being able to look at the numbers myself (and even if I could see their budget statistics, I'm hardly an expert on budgeting as it is!). I guess all we can do is wait and see how much the Fongoids/Tharpods play into the narrative of the finished movie….

They don't look like important characters… The Fongoid kid seems to be there only for the ad (it looks like an ad to me, perhaps a refrence to the Big Al's Roboshack ad from the first game) and the Tharpod doesn't look like someone who's going to return after that flight scene (well, we might get a short shot of him in a hospital). We'll probably see more familiar species in the crowd.

Er, how about that movie screenshot where Ratchet raises his hand up to the Tharpod while in front of his ship? Do you think it's after or before the flight scene?

It looks like it's before. You know, the ship is still in one piece…

Deleted user

So, what ship is it ? the first which be dead on Novalis in Ratchet & Clank, or a new, or the ship of the first cutscene of Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction ?

It's just a wreck lying there, it doesn't seem to be playing any vital role.

Anyway, am I the only one in here who doesn't mind the characters' designs in the movie? (really, I don't mind Ratchet being a kiddy-looking 15 years-old Lombax, and Drek's design doesn't bother me) But, Ratchet shouldn't instantly have that "flawless" personality, maybe half-good and half-jerky

I'm fine with Ratchet (certainly better than what we've seen in the teaser), Clank and Qwark, Drek I can pass.

On the personality, I totally agree. Looking at the E3 trailer, you can clearly tell it's not that selfish teenager from the first game, but I hope he will act more like he did back in GC and UYA rather than the PS3 games.

I'd rather kid-Ratchet act his age for once. Plus, it's nice to have a likable character as the star of a movie that some people have never heard of before.

It's called character development. Ratchet is plenty likable by the end of the game.

Well, his character development can go from "ordinary goof to spectacular hero."

Well, his character development can go from "ordinary goof to spectacular hero."

Yeah but that's not nearly as satisfying or original.

As much as I agree with you, I wouldn't say a jerky teenager learning what's important and becoming a hero is that original either…

As much as I agree with you, I wouldn't say a jerky teenager learning what's important and becoming a hero is that original either…

Well, it's more original.

Is it me, or does Qwark undergo this development in the first game… in reverse order?