Thread: The poll discussion thread

Deleted user

Here's an interesting poll, forgive me if this has been done before. How well do you think the movie will do domestically? As the movie's marketing has ramped up lately and the movie edges closer to its release date.

1) Breaks box office records.
2) Decent Success.
3) Sleeper Hit.
4) It'll bomb, HARD!

Best case scenario in my opinion is that it will start off as a sleeper hit, Yet if it is a well made movie, both critics and audiences will praise it for being the first good movie adaptation of a video game, causing more audiences to flock to the theatre and making it a decent success. That my opinion for the global box office.

However, in the UK I strongly believe it'll Bomb, only select theatres are showing it and it comes out the same day as Marvel's Civil War. Plus there has been no sign of marketing towards the general public, as far as I've seen.

Here's an interesting poll, forgive me if this has been done before. How well do you think the movie will do domestically? As the movie's marketing has ramped up lately and the movie edges closer to its release date.

1) Breaks box office records.
2) Decent Success.
3) Sleeper Hit.
4) It'll bomb, HARD!

Best case scenario in my opinion is that it will start off as a sleeper hit, Yet if it is a well made movie, both critics and audiences will praise it for being the first good movie adaptation of a video game, causing more audiences to flock to the theatre and making it a decent success. That my opinion for the global box office.

However, in the UK I strongly believe it'll Bomb, only select theatres are showing it and it comes out the same day as Marvel's Civil War. Plus there has been no sign of marketing towards the general public, as far as I've seen.

In the US, at least, I think it'll be at least a decent success, especially considering its budget. Heck, it might even surprise us and do even better, though I won't be holding my breath on that.

Ehm.. normal? Whichever that one is. emoji

Legend difficulty for sure.

I always start at normal, Hero then.

Same here, I always play normal. Difficulty just makes games longer and I just want to get on with the story emoji

Agreed. But once I've become skillful in a game and wanted some challenge, I might increase the difficulty.

Agreed. But once I've become skillful in a game and wanted some challenge, I might increase the difficulty.

That's what I thought too, but then I decided I didn't want to stretch a game that way. Time and everything. emoji

First time: normal, just a nice "walk in the park" to enjoy the story
Afterwards: as hard as possible
…that's what I do with every single game (except those that don't have difficulty settings, of course)

Awesome! Do you do all the completionist things too?

First time: normal, just a nice "walk in the park" to enjoy the story
Afterwards: as hard as possible
…that's what I do with every single game (except those that don't have difficulty settings, of course)

Totally done this when playing Ace Combat X. After some time, my "default" difficulty has changed to Hard.

Awesome! Do you do all the completionist things too?

I'm kind of a hardcore completionist when it comes to R&C game, but with other games not as much… It depends.

I believe I'm not the only one to have experienced the following symptoms:
It starts with the desire of purchasing all weapons, upgrades, everything, then soon you realize you've got the bolt collecting fever and you can't walk past a crate without breaking it, even if you're the richest person in the galaxy and there's nothing left to buy, except for ammo (but at this point you certainly don't need it). And of course who can forget about the skill points? I don't know why, but I used to be a bit obsessed with getting them all. I remember the good old times playing on the PS2 with a list of skill points at my side. It was the same thing with the future trilogy, but since A4O I don't have that same ambition to finish a game 100%.
Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?

Even though I'm still at the beginning of the game, I can't help the urge to break all crates emoji

The only game where that sounds familiar is Dragon Age: Inquisition. The only game where a single run took me 100 hours. (How Long to Beat says it's 44 hours long)

User image

I will play on legend first because I want some challenge and this might be just me but I feel like in R&C games the hardest difficulty as not really that hard. (Of course I have played all R&C titles released so far) R&CF: TOD challenge mode is the hardest thing in the R&C series as you die in 3 hits with the best armor and 300+ nanotech in the first few levels and the best thing is that TOD does not have a difficulty select.