Thread: Naughty Dog vs. Insomniac Games

Hate that. Site logged you out?

No, I'm using a tablet and instead of posting the message, I got redirected me to the mobiles version's home page emoji

Ratchet & Clank - 8
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - 2

So the winner of this round is:

Insomniac Games!

Anyway, time to stop by unbelievably better sequel land again:

Week 5: Jak II vs. Ratchet & Clank: Going Comando

User image
User image

Ratchet & Clank 2 +1

So there. I thought Jak II was much better than the first one, but not good enough for me to just sit down and make it to the end.

Personally, I liked predecessors of both of these games better (first Ratchet at least). Still, it's a tough fight… Okay, hate me, but I pick Jak this time.

I pick Jak, maybe because I find it generally enjoyable (save for mech missions) and also because I never got past the cranes part on Endako in RaC2. Not because of stupidity, but because the game always bugged and crashed there.

Deleted user

I also pick Jak, I don't like Going Commando and Jak II, but Jak II is better, with a new gameplay, atmosphere, cool characters, but Going Commando…argh, there isn't any ambience, the scenario is empty and boring…

Yeah, Jak II here as well. It just grabbed me so much more than GC did… Though I didn't play it that far.

What!? My least favorite Jak game, and one of my favorite Ratchet & Clank games are now battling each other, and Jak is winning?

I could never allow Jak II to steal R&C2's vote. R&C2 it is.

The PAL version of the Jak II boxart looks so much nicer…

What!? My least favorite Jak game, and one of my favorite Ratchet & Clank games are now battling each other, and Jak is winning?

You liked TLF more?

You liked TLF more?

That's not even a Jak game though.

Personally this is actually my favourite Jak game in the series, right after TPL which is a fair bit ahead of 3.

The PAL version of the Jak II boxart looks so much nicer…

I agree. But the US got the better Jak 3 boxart.

While Jak 2 is a fun game due to it's difficulty (that I honestly didn't find that hard when I played it back at the end of 2013) the platforming and gunplay is clunky and is somehow more linear than the first game even though it is now 'open world', Ratchet and Clank 2 on the other hand has tight controls, tight gunplay, excellent soundtrack, wide varieties on planets, varied gameplay, loads of weapons and loads of other stuff that were great back then and still hold up today. The only thing I think Jak II does better at is the story, (but is still better than Jak 3 emoji )