Thread: Ratchet & Clank PS4 - Official Thread

As one of the poor souls who can't get their hands on this game just yet, I'd like to ask some questions to those of you who have experienced its greatness.

1. How is the game when it comes to stuff like gadgets and minigames? Do you think there's a lot of them or do you think there should've been more?

2. What are the trading cards all about?

3. How long is the game compared to other entries in the series?

4. I don't know if the answer to this is considered a spoiler or not, but is there an Insomniac Museum, and if so how is it compared to the previous ones?

5. What do you think of all the weapons in the game?

6. To those who have played the game and watched the movie, which one do you think is more enjoyable overall?

1. When it comes to gadgets and minigames, the game does fine. Minigames don't over stay their welcome when you encounter them. The Tresspasser puzzles on hard mode can be real head-scratchers, and, if you're like me, you won't want to Auto-Hack on principle.

2. Trading cards come in several varieties: Character, Weapon, and Points of Interest. You need to find 3 cards for each level you visit. Complete a set of 3 cards, and you get a goody. Location and PoI cards give you increased pick-up rates (bolts given increases by 5%, Raritanium by 5%). Weapon cards allow you to purchase the Omega variants in Challenge Mode. If you're having trouble finding certain cards, you can burn 5 duplicates for one new card of your choice.

3. It's easy to tell that the game was either rushed or on a tight budget at times, but the length of the game doesn't suffer for it. It's not as long as the original three games, but it's longer than Nexus. I guess the length is on par with the other games in the Future series? It took me a good 23 hours to Platinum the game.

4. There's an Insomniac Museum. There's plenty of cool stuff in there. Long story short,though, ACiT's Museum still reigns supreme when it comes to overall presentation.

5. The weapons are great. Proton Drum used with any other weapon is perfection. Personally, I don't like being given Grummelnet weapons again and being told they're Gadgetron, but what can you do? Hopefully they'll freshen up the arsenal for the next game. Mr. Zurkon will be bored, and he will tell you he is bored. Whether you care or not.

6. Six more days 'till I can answer that D:

Just ordered the game in an online store. I'd expect it to arrive a few days from now. Gonna pump it up through the weekend next week! I'd probably avoid this thread once it becomes too spoilery for me.

Deleted user

Anyone a fan of wrench only runs? I just did the first boss with only the wrench. not sure if it counts as a spoiler, because it's a boss we've already scene. but, i'll put it in the spoiler tab anyway

Just played the game. It was awesome! I had fun playing it, and currently I have reached Novalis.

And speaking about Tobruk Crater, it has the same name as a place in Libya named Tobruk. Also where the Siege of Tobruk happened during WWII.

Getting the Pyrocitor for the first time be like:

User image

PS: that moment when your little brother asked if Ratchet was a fox…

There's no way to go back to the Pilot Suit, is there?
That's probably my favourite Ratchet look and it's kind of a shame that you can only really keep it in ToD, despite the fact that it's Ratchet's default look nowadays. It always ends up being replaced or having ugly orange pants.

There's also the fact that I'm not a big fan of the Ranger armour.

Same, Darkstar. They should've made the armor look better, or at least give us a variety of armors. But I try to just get used to it. It's not a really big deal for me, though.

Same, Darkstar. They should've made the armor look better, or at least give us a variety of armors. But I try to just get used to it. It's not a really big deal for me, though.

They do give you armor paints, you know emoji

But they cost some Gold Bolts emoji

But they cost some Gold Bolts emoji

The Gold Bolts UNLOCK the skins. My personal favorite is "Chrometastic"

What? Eh, might play the game again after some time. Gotta check it again. Hehe, sorry. This is the first time I play a "full" Ratchet & Clank game. The previous games were very incomplete (R&C 2002 demo and QfB)

What? Eh, might play the game again after some time. Gotta check it again. Hehe, sorry. This is the first time I play a "full" Ratchet & Clank game. The previous games were very incomplete (R&C 2002 demo and QfB)

Try the "bolt swaps." They are best cheat ever!

It was at this game I knew, Clank could scream emoji. And I've seen people saying that the characters talk too much. Does that really bother most of you? I honestly don't mind much about that. For me, it kinda gives you the feeling of the situation. Honestly, for me, a great battle without "radio dramas" are too plain. You only shoot and kill enemies while both sides hardly talk on the radio and don't give you that "feeling".