Thread: Can out of site links please open in a new tab?

It's kinda annoying that clicking on links that lead offsite don't open in a new tab, since pretty much every other site opens a new tab for an out of site link that I get frustrated when I accidently close the tab instead of just pressing the back button.

Use the middle mouse buttonemoji

But i'm on laptop and the open link in new tab option is such a hassle to do every time

HOLY CRAP!

Other solution then: get a mouse

And my school web has the annoying inversion of this - every link that goes outside the site will open in new window no matter what.

You can do it without a mouse: if you hold Ctrl while clicking, the link will open in a new tab. emoji

Ah, true. That's how I used to do it.

I must say, I could never use my laptop without a mouse. People who use those dodgy track-pads must be gifted.

Seriously though, I can't believe the expression on people's faces when you teach them the ways of the middle mouse button. People can work on computers for many years without knowing this, it would seem.

I must say, I could never use my laptop without a mouse. People who use those dodgy track-pads must be gifted.

Seriously though, I can't believe the expression on people's faces when you teach them the ways of the middle mouse button. People can work on computers for many years without knowing this, it would seem.

I'm able to use my laptop both with and without a mouse - though I do prefer having a mouse, and I've known about the middle mouse button for many years now. emoji

Well my laptop in primarily used as a gaming laptop, so without a mouse I would be rightly stuffed.

Same here, but a mouse is better and easier. Also, you can't operate maya without a mouse!

Yea, I would have added that I use my laptop for creating stuff, but the fact is that I create in code with cruddy 2D graphics. So I wouldn't require a mouse at all for any of that… well I would if I wanted to get things done faster, but I could still get things done with the trackpad. Graphics designers wouldn't feel the same way :oui:

Also, you can't operate maya without a mouse!

Nope!
You can only get so far. I even need a mouse when I'm using my Wacom Tablet for rig & skins. It's too bad they didn't add another drag option.

I'm able to use my laptop both with and without a mouse - though I do prefer having a mouse, and I've known about the middle mouse button for many years now. emoji

For me, it depends on what am I using the laptop for. If I'm just browsing or working on an assignment, I prefer using the trackpad. But for gaming, I will use the mouse, because it's difficult to play TF2 using the trackpad