Thread: Ratchet's Personality

You guys always point out how Clank doesn't have a lot of impact during the Future Saga. I never noticed that. Yeah, he's away for a while, but I always felt QfB and ACiT where about him. "You don't know what you have until it's gone"

No, we're complaining about post-Future stuff. Especially FFA. I agree, QfB is all about looking for him after all and in ACiT he does get his own story arc in the Clock.

In ACiT, Ratchet forgets about all of the things he learned in ToD (which he had already learned in the first R&C game, but I digress) and decides that risking the destruction of the universe in order to see the Lombaxes again might not be such a bad idea.

Okay, that's a little unfair. Really unfair actually. I'd like to remind you, that Ratchet throughout most of the game isn't aware of the risk that comes with using the Clock. He doesn't even know what The Great Clock actually is. The player knows, but Ratchet doesn't. Heck, there even is an in-game dialogue between Ratchet and Alister (I don't remember where), where Ratchet wonders, if you can actually safely use the Clock to travel back in time ("Of course, that's what it was built for"emoji.

That wasn't really my main point, even if it looked like it.
The point is that Ratchet goes through the EXACT SAME character arc as he did in ToD, regardless of whether or not he knew about the threat this time.
He even has a "there's more for me here than over there" moment, just like the one he had in ToD.

Good thing you didn't pick apart ITN emoji

It's kinda hard to talk about cardboard emoji

Okay, on that I gotta agree - these realizations are repeating each other.

…and then there's the Ps4 game, aka "Qwark: The Video game."

…and then there's the Ps4 game, aka "Qwark: The Video game."

We already got one, it's also known as "Full Frontal Assault". This time it seems more like "Ratchet and a bunch of other aliens", kinda like ItN.

Qwark only seems to narrate Ratchet, as if Clank never existed! "Ratchet used the jetpack (actually Clank did) to fly high above hostile territory…or at least his commute got easier."

Why TJ?!? Why neglect Clank? emoji

i kinda like the idea of quark narrating because he was the villain and he litteraly just wants to credit himself, thats definetly the old quark hs less sly on the new games aka nexus, he doesnt brag about much on nexus

but anyway yea clank should really get a main part on this i mean the main part is wen clank crashes the ship in Veldin. isnt this basically killing off clank?

But Qwark's reputation of messing up stories means that the story on the PS4 will be messed up, too. Unless the final product doesn't include Qwark narrating or he only narrates on some events.

yea but atleast they didnt reboot the game.

sorry i mean atleast the didnt COMPLETLEY reboot the game

But Qwark's reputation of messing up stories means that the story on the PS4 will be messed up, too. Unless the final product doesn't include Qwark narrating or he only narrates on some events.

He'd better. I mean, at least he doesn't narrate Metropolis or Nebula G4.

I thought we already discussed about Ratchet's personality quite a long time ago? And if you don't mind, I'd not like to see too much debates going on here. I fear it'll ruin our friendship.

I thought we already discussed about Ratchet's personality quite a long time ago? And if you don't mind, I'd not like to see too much debates going on here. I fear it'll ruin our friendship.

I'll end it by saying at least he has a personality (sorry Ps3 Clank…emoji.

(sorry Ps3 Clank…emoji