Thread: Your Top-10 Movies

I have only actually seen the first 2 movies plus Prometheus. My family told me that the first 2 were the best, and I know nothing about Alien 3.

I found Prometheus to be incredibly similar to the first movie… perhaps too similar. For this reason I kind of struggle to be that excited for Prometheus 2. But I will watch it, and I am sure I will like it.

I have not read the books. I generally don't read books. I like to think it would be good for me to read more books, but I just like the idea.

Cool, I didn't expect you to have seen Prometheus. I usually hear people whine about it, but I think it was pretty good! You're family is right about 3 and 4. While Alien 3 is bearab– no I take it back, that one is bad too. But Resurrection is the worst movie I've ever seen. Alien or no, I wish it didn't exist. Alien 5 will, supposedly, be a new canon after Aliens. Rendering Alien 3 and Resurrection non-canon. For now I see the Aliens novels by Steve Perry as the true sequel to Aliens, even though (officially) they're non-canon.

And Handem, lets see your top-10!

And Handem, lets see your top-10!

That's kind of hard! Arghh. It's too hard to make a list with the top 10 of my favorite movies, but I will try.
Just keep in mind that they are considered favorite and the number don't indicate anything and they are in random order.
10. Chicken Run
User image
One of the funniest stop-motion films of all time that watching as an adult has some serious scenes.
9.Funny girl
User image
It's a musical. Don't judge me, it's a good one!
8.Prometheus
User image
A nice film retaining the feeling of the first Alien film
7.Alien and Aliens
User image User image
Couldn't exclude one of them so I put them together. And that chilling "In space, no one can hear you scream."
6.Looney Tunes: Back in Action
User image
It's funny.
5.Frozen
User image
I still believe Anna is the protagonist and not just Elsa.
4.Shrek
User image
While gross at times it manages to do it in fun ways!
3.Gran Torino
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c6/Gran_Torino_poster.jpg
2.Brides
User image
This one is a greek movie. Set in 1922, it tells the story of a mail order bride, one of 700, aboard the SS King Alexander, who falls in love with an American photographer. She is bound for her new husband, in Chicago, he is on his way home to a failed marriage.
It is kind of horrifying to see how some things were back then
1.Ratchet and Clank
User image
Yeah nothing is going to make me hate the movie. Yes there are many complaints that are legit and there are a lot flaws but come on, set you standards low and don't try to beat a dead horse.

On a side note it was a pain making this list… It took me about an hour! Having not seen that many movies in the last years and forgeting all that I have seen a few years back made me go on long lists of movies to remember! I should start watching more I think.

It's cool seeing other people's lists, because it reminds me of those movies I haven't seen in a while that are still really great.

Chicken Run and Shrek are those sorts of movies I enjoyed as a kid, and still enjoy to this day. If I have a family some day, they will put up with watching those "oldies".

Also, it's interesting you should put Gran Torino, because I watched that for the first time just a day ago, and it was pretty great! That movie, and Million Dollar Baby really make me respect Clint Eastwood as not just an awesome gunslinger, but as a director.

And as for Alien 3 and the other one after that… I can probably miss those ones. I'll put them in same same category as RoboCop 2, 3 and 2014. That category being labelled: "Don't touch".

Then there are the Terminator movies after the second one. They are just unneeded, and spoil the great ending to the second film. They kind of just get progressively worse and worse with each sequel, and I like to think that everything officially ended with the end of the second movie.

Why can't Hollywood just leave these things alone? The Terminator and RoboCop ended long ago, and they don't need weird sequels and bad reboots.

Chicken Run.. Haven't seen it in ages! And I can always appreciate another Frozen in a list. I think Anna is the protagonist too, but Elsa is just the cooler character imo ^^

MINE:
1. Saving Private Ryan-
This is the greatest war movie ever made. Spielberg transports you to the battlefields of World War II unlike any movie has ever done before. Tom Hanks gives his best performance ever, which is saying a lot, and the ending is so emotional. It is a movie that is touching, thrilling, but most of all it is a harsh reminder of how horrible war really is. This movie is my favorite movie ever, because for the rest of my life, I will always be reminded of what those men did in WWII, because of how graphic and moving this movie is.

2. The Dark Knight-
A movie that achieves perfection in every way. The script is top notch, it is full of action, and the acting is superp all around. Heath Ledger gives the second greatest performance ever, and really makes you fear the Joker. The special effects are brilliant, and the story is thrilling and sends a powerful message.

3. 12 Angry Men-
A movie that takes place entirely in one room, that is about twelve jurors who must decide the fate of a kid charged with First Degree murder. eleven think he's guilty, and one thinks he's innocent. The one man is played by Henry Fonda, who gives the performance of a lifetime, and he has to convince the eleven jurors of the kid's innocence.

4. The Shawshank Redemption-
This is a movie about a man, TIm Robbins, who is wrongly convicted of killing his wife and her lover, and he is given a double life sentence in a maxim security, corrupt New England Prison. There he befriends Morgan Freeman, who plays another man with a life sentence, and the movie progesses with their life in prison. The cinematography is absolutely brilliant, and Morgan Freeman is excellent. The ending is very…very picture perfect, and the movie does an amazing job of showing how the outside world changes over time, while the walls of the prison are resistant to any time change.

5. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King-
In this movie Peter Jackson does a masterful job of rounding out one of the greatest trilogies of all time. A movie that won eleven academy awards, the all time record, LOTR ROTK, shows how Frodo must fulfill his quest of destroying the ring, while the forces of good try and hold off the evil Sauron's forces by fighting them head on. Elijah Wood gives an astounding performance where he develops the character of Frodo to the same amount of detail described in Tolkien's masterful books. Ian McKellen gives an amazing performace as the Savior like Gandalf. Every actor is really amazing. Andy Serkis, who plays Gollum, went through hell to play the role, and he achieved it brilliantly. The battle scenes are the most epic of any movie ever, and the charge of the Rohirrim is something that every movie lover must see. A truly epic and awe inspiring film.

6. Patton-
This is a World War II movie that is about one of the greatest military figures of all time. George S. Patton, played by George C. Scott. George C. Scott gives the greatest performance of all time as Patton. He is fiesty, agitating, outspoken, not the hero we wanted, but the one we needed. All of his successes are outweighed by his outspokenness, and stubbornness. The movie portrays Patton as a flawed god, who believes that he was reincarnated after having faught in ancient battles of old. The movie really takes the American's experience of World War II in Europe, and puts it into a nutshell. A really outstanding movie, that shows you what an amazing man he was.

7. Gran Torino-
This might be the best mix of comedy, action, emotion, and message of any movie ever. Clint Eastwood writes, directs, stars in, and produces this one. He got snubbed from any Oscars, but boy did he deserve them. Clint Eastwood plays his typcial , hardened, low key, old bitch. He's racist, and hostile toward pretty much every thing that moves. One of his Asian neighbors tries to steal his precious Gran Torino car. Eastwood stops him, and is really…really pissed. But strange circumstances make him a hero in the eyes of his Asian neighbors, and he befriends his next door neighbors. He helps them out, gets the son started at a job, and even is willing to sacrifice everything for them. A great American classic, and hilariously funny at some parts.

8. Forest Gump-
Tom Hanks gives another excellent performance in this movie, as the retarted Forest Gump. The story is really amazing, and has some extremely emotional pieces, and is also very funny. Forest Gump achieves so much with an IQ of 77. He is an all american football player, a medal of honor winner, a national celebrity ping pong champion, a shrimp boat company owner, and a founding investor in Apple. The movie's message is powerful: No matter what, if you can set your mind to do something, anything can be accomplished.

9. The Bourne Ultimatum-
Matt Damon plays the troubled ex-CIA agent Jason Bourne, a man who has amnesia, and cannot remember his past. Meanwhile the CIA has been hunting him for two years, and he is still on the run, trying to uncover his past. The CIA is starting covert opps programs to take out enemy targets that threaten US security. The cinematography is excellent and really makes you feel like you are in on the action. The pacing and editing is some of the best ever, and the story is very fulfilling in the end.

10. Blazing Saddles-
This is the funniest movie of all time. Full of great old Hollywood comedians like Mel Brooks, Gene Wilder, Harvey Korman, and Cleavon Little. I was kept laughing throughout the entire movie, and every gag was funnier than the next. Mel Brooks is one of the most talented comedians of all time.

I am still amazed that nobody commented on Funny Girl… Has anyone seen it anyway?

I am still amazed that nobody commented on Funny Girl… Has anyone seen it anyway?

"Hello, gorgeous!"

"Hello, gorgeous!"

Ooohhh!!! So, you have seen it?!

Sorry mate, haven't even heard of it. :$

Sorry mate, haven't even heard of it. :$

No big deal, it is a fairly old movie since it is from 1968. If you like musicals, which I suppose you half-do since you like Frozen, you should see it. If you have seen Frozen but hated the musical parts then I don't suppose you will enjoy it. Oh I suppose I should add that it features a little romance but nowadays most movies do.

"Hello, gorgeous!"

Ooohhh!!! So, you have seen it?!

Indeed I have emoji pretty funny film.

No big deal, it is a fairly old movie since it is from 1968. If you like musicals, which I suppose you half-do since you like Frozen, you should see it. If you have seen Frozen but hated the musical parts then I don't suppose you will enjoy it. Oh I suppose I should add that it features a little romance but nowadays most movies do.

Yeah, I looked it up on IMDb. I honestly don't think it's really my thing. I loved Frozen, yeah. But I disliked Into the Woods. emoji

So, just curious. Have any of you seen Spaceballs? It's currently my favorite parody movie. Btw, it was a parody of Star Wars.

I've seen it. It's really funny. emoji

I love how they break the fourth wall with the movie on VHS tape within the movie. emoji Also, "ludicrous speed."

Yeah, I looked it up on IMDb. I honestly don't think it's really my thing. I loved Frozen, yeah. But I disliked Into the Woods. emoji

Well, it is logical to not like all kinds of musicals, that's why I didn't actually suggest it, because I was unsure if you would have liked it.
I enjoyed Frozen a lot but some musicals tend to be a lot boring especially when they try to sing for no reason. But that's the difference with Funny Girl as the protagonist mainly sings on stage since she impersonates an actress/singer and only some of the musical numbers are outside of it. Oh, and yes it is actually a comedy film as the name suggests.