Thread: Lombax OCs

Deleted user

Made it, it's for any type of R&C OC or FanChara. Would be a good place for showing them off though, and maybe linking to their Lombax OC wiki page as well emoji

I've always been a bit of a fan-character freak, especially as a kid. But these days I'm a bit more serious with them and only make them if they serve a real purpose and are necessary to fill in the gaps. But it's cool that people are able to make their own original stories but with species from the R&C universe… really adds to the creativity emoji

I'm hopeless at writing stories and I'm actually not very well acquainted with the PS2 Ratchet and Clank games so I can't possibly be in need of characters and I can't write a believeable bio to any of them X(

Deleted user

Well, there is one positive thing that I like about the Lombax OC artists and that is at least they do their own original design of the species.

They just don't take a picture of Ratchet and put him in a different colour unlike the Sonic fans, where they just take Sonic, re-colour him and claim it to be their own. Now that is cheap and practically unoriginal. Or in other cases, STEALING! emoji

And I would agree that the natural colour Lombaxes seem to stand out well the most. Any that are multi-coloured or just rainbow like could work, just as long it doesn't burn the viewers eyes. emoji

oh my goodness don't get me started on the sonic thing that drives me nuts emoji

Deleted user
Well, there is one positive thing that I like about the Lombax OC artists and that is at least they do their own original design of the species.

They just don't take a picture of Ratchet and put him in a different colour unlike the Sonic fans, where they just take Sonic, re-colour him and claim it to be their own. Now that is cheap and practically unoriginal. Or in other cases, STEALING! emoji

And I would agree that the natural colour Lombaxes seem to stand out well the most. Any that are multi-coloured or just rainbow like could work, just as long it doesn't burn the viewers eyes. emoji

hah! yeah true that XD I can't stand recolours or 'copies' of other characters. it's so much worse in the Sonic fandom!

And yeah, I also noticed most fans with female lombax OC's don't follow the whole "Female Lombaxes have no tails" thing too, which I think it fine, since well… they look better with a tail emoji

I also noticed most fans with female lombax OC's don't follow the whole "Female Lombaxes have no tails" thing too, which I think it fine, since well… they look better with a tail emoji

agreed emoji

Deleted user
And yeah, I also noticed most fans with female lombax OC's don't follow the whole "Female Lombaxes have no tails" thing too, which I think it fine, since well… they look better with a tail emoji

I know people these days are still uproarious about the whole Angela Cross thing and the whole "female Lombaxes don't have tails" remark, but hasn't anyone listened to that radio new report in ACIT carefully?

I've just listened to it again and Pepper said that…

Lots of female Lombaxes don't share the same counterparts as the male Lombaxes. She said "lots", which means that there could be some females with tails. If Pepper said that it was all of the female Lombaxes that do not have tails, then that would be something to be outraged about.

So therefore, I don't think it's a huge deal if you have listened to the report properly. It was surprising yes, but nothing to get so offended on. It's a videogame for crying out loud. emoji

Deleted user

Lol yeah, there was quite a lot of rage when that was revealed emoji but yeah, who knows? She might be wrong anyway like Juanita and Dallas on Vox News lol. But I do kinda agree with them that it's a bit strange/odd that females wouldn't have tails; sure males and females of certain species have differences, but that is a very odd difference if it's true emoji

Well actually she just says:

"lots of females do not share the anatomical traits of their male counterparts"(nothing said about lombaxes in that sentence), she does in fact clearly say "Female Lombaxes dont have tails, Kip"

(and I have quoted that word for word, I have the entire soundtrack on my laptop and I listened to the report as I wrote this to make sure.)

I don't know why people are getting so upset about this coz if Insomniac (the creators of the Lombaxes) say that female lombaxes dont have tails, then they dont have tails, what insomniac say about the lombaxes is LAW!!! lol

I don't know why people are getting so upset about this coz if Insomniac (the creators of the Lombaxes) say that female lombaxes dont have tails, then they dont have tails, what insomniac say about the lombaxes is LAW!!! lol

Agreed!

Deleted user
Well actually she just says:

"lots of females do not share the anatomical traits of their male counterparts"(nothing said about lombaxes in that sentence), she does in fact clearly say "Female Lombaxes dont have tails, Kip"

(and I have quoted that word for word, I have the entire soundtrack on my laptop and I listened to the report as I wrote this to make sure.)

Absolutely agree with you there. Fans should be surprised and interested in what Insomniac brings to them, not be outrageous for things they don't agree on. Sure, things like these could cause a commotion at first, but when arguments drags on even til this day, it needs to stop.

You're right Revan, Pepper did say that Female Lombaxes don't have tails and it has been official that Angela herself is a Lombax. Just let it move on.

I assume many fans, especially the fangirls don't agree with this just because… it is sexist? I don't know, but the way the fans are getting angry with this whole statement is making it sound like a woman rights debate. I'm extremely exaggerating this reason, but it does sound like it to me. emoji

Most R&C fans on dA were upset about this because if they had made a female Lombax OC before this was announced, the anatomy was now wrong because they have a tail, luckily I heard this before I made my female OC Vicky so she has no tail

Well…I didn't know about the "female Lombaxes have no tail" thing till today…cause, Inferno, my Ratchet & Clank fan character, she has a tail. Oh well.

And, also, I'm a HUGE Sonic fan, but…I do agree. Sonic fans can be SO uncreative. I've made a good couple of Sonic fan characters from scratch. Good thing I have alot of creativity and I'm also a sane Sonic fangirl emoji

Deleted user
Most R&C fans on dA were upset about this because if they had made a female Lombax OC before this was announced, the anatomy was now wrong because they have a tail, luckily I heard this before I made my female OC Vicky so she has no tail

Lol yeah, I'm glad I did make any female lombax OC's (yet) or else I would have gotten it all wrong XD and it does seem like lombaxes dont actually have 'hair on the head' too (besides their fur) though Angela has a ponytail of course, just the same colour as the fur…

People think it's a meatsack too emoji something I always found amusing.

A meat sack? LOL!! Actually, an Insomniac said that long ago, probably for s***s and giggles emoji but it does look a bit like that, cos of the low res polygons xD