Thread: Ratchet & Clank Movie?

I have to say that this talk about a Jak movie scares me a bit

The only thing that saved Ratchet (well, saved him partly) was IG's involvement, the fact that they still care about their franchise. But ND, just as Sucker Punch, doesn't really care about their old platformers anymore…

The only thing that saved Ratchet (well, saved him partly) was IG's involvement, the fact that they still care about their franchise. But ND, just as Sucker Punch, doesn't really care about their old platformers anymore…

You're forgetting about something.
ND and SP are now big companies which everyone talks about, while IG's just… there…
When was the last time an IG game broke 1 million sales? Resistance 3 in 2011, while TLoU broke 6 million sales and InFamous Second Son has already broken 1 million, and it's only been out for 2 months!
IG sticking with R&C, while good for some fans, isn't very good for themselves.

That's bull… Ok, you're right emoji But it's not just because of R&C - they were making R&C and Resistance and somehow they were succesfull. Their biggest mistake was 'freeing' themselves from SONY and splitting up to two studios. That was the decision that put them in this bad situation.

Which is why I think they're bringing Sunset Overdrive to the party. Luring some Xbox owners in with their fancy new exclusive.

It has more to do with the type of games the Jak, Sly and R&C games are.
If the mistake was truely the games' quality, then shouldn't at least one of the three HD Collections have broken the 1 million mark? The closest to doing so was the Jak HD Collection and even then, it's 300,000 sales short.
It has to do with how gaming has evolved and how IG still thinks gaming works the same way it did 10 years ago.
You can't just live off of one franchise, at least not one like R&C.

TT Games has been doing LEGO games for 10 years now… But yeah, there is a certain problem with Ratchet - it's a platformer. Too hard for kids, too childish for modern gamers. And that's the problem of all platformers - most of people playing them these days are their long time fans from previous decades.

If they would bring out SO for PS4, they would get to a big public at PlayStation, and they would get succesfull (if it is a good game…emoji. They should make a great R&C for PS4 where they worked really hard at, it has to become a real succes, and they could ad a harder mode. When the movie comes out, they could reach a hole new PlayStation public. If the movie would be good, a lot of people would try the game, and if the game is good, it will become a succes. Or they should bring out a new IP for PS…

EDIT: IG is and stays my favorite developer (followed by ND & SP) cause they really love what they do, and that's what the people need!

If they would bring out SO for PS4, they would get to a big public at PlayStation, and they would get succesfull (if it is a good game…emoji. They should make a great R&C for PS4 where they worked really hard at, it has to become a real succes, and they could ad a harder mode. When the movie comes out, they could reach a hole new PlayStation public. If the movie would be good, a lot of people would try the game, and if the game is good, it will become a succes. Or they should bring out a new IP for PS…

EDIT: IG is and stays my favorite developer (followed by ND & SP) cause they really love what they do, and that's what the people need!

"I don't suppose a new game is out before the movie."
-The Trio

"I don't suppose a new game is out before the movie."
-The Trio

The trio?

http://www.pixeldynamo.com/news/gaming/2014/06/05/13302/ratchet-clank-movie-trailer-coming-e3/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=tumblr

The trailer at the next week during E3. emoji

Yeah, I read that earlier - it's just an overinterpretation. That's what R&C movie staff wrote on their Facebook page:

Cool idea! Watch the PlayStation E3 Press Conference in Movie Theaters Nationwide!!!

They just said that E3 in cinemas is a cool idea, not that they take a part in it. Same thing happened when they said similar thing about last year's E3 - everyone thought they are going to show some scenes, until they explained they didn't mean that.

That's not really E3's purpose…

Ok, "they said SONY E3 conference in cinemas is a good idea".

Ok, "they said SONY E3 conference in cinemas is a good idea".

I was talking about showing off movie stuff.