Thread: Ratchet & Clank Movie?

Hey, we got some very interesting… concept art and promo posters.

…which serve as great desktops btw

Or posters!
User image
(BTW that's my cousin)

That picture doesn't want to show up.

And posters making good posters? What a world we live in!

Same problem here.

That picture doesn't want to show up.

And posters making good posters? What a world we live in!

Literally. I'll update it once I'll be on PC.

Rmemeber how this thread started? Something about a site of so called "Film Financial Services" caliming that Ratchet, Sly, Jak and ModNation Races (wait, wha?) movies were in pre-production back in 2012 (though they deleted the information as soon as people found it out). It's not just that Ratchet & Sly movies were later confirmed - "Film Financial Services'" logo has appeared on both official movies' sites… It IS coming folks! I'm not that much of a J&D fan, but as long as they don't replace Max Casella with some intalented celebrity, you can count me in.

Ratchet & Clank Movie site: http://ratchetandclankmovie.com/
Sly Cooper Movie site: http://slycoopermovie.com/

A Modnation Racers movie?
As long as it's done by the same people who did the game I'm sold!

A Modnation Racers movie?
As long as it's done by the same people who did the game I'm sold!

Never played it, but from your post I guess it had a pretty decent writing. I doubt the studio responsible for the game would make it though - it'll be probably a smaller straight-to-DVD film made by the studio that's doing the Heavenly Sword movie right now.Let's hope the game's writers will be hired for the movie, like TJ with R&C.

I simply can't hype for a Jak movie. I gave it my all, but couldn't fall in love with those games.

I simply can't hype for a Jak movie. I gave it my all, but couldn't fall in love with those games.

I'm not sure if it's a good material for a movie at all - Jak 1 didn't do anything special about the plot, while all the later games' settings aren't really suitable for a family picture. I bet they'll make even more drasctic changes to this franchise than they did to Sly. And seeing the Daxter concept art for canceled PS3 J&D, I don't think Naughty Dog will mind.

Why would the Jak films need to be family friendly?
Anyway, I think that if they actually were to make them, Jak 1 would just be the intro to the Jak 2 movie.

Why would the Jak films need to be family friendly?
Anyway, I think that if they actually were to make them, Jak 1 would just be the intro to the Jak 2 movie.

Because family friendly pictures get bigger audience (and because they don't want to get e-mails from angry oversensitive parents, who are thrilled to see such unsuitable content in a "KIDS MOVIE" their definition of animation). If they are about to make this movie with "Jak 2 and beyond" setting, then it'll probably be a smaller DVD film, like Heavenly Sword.

I think a Jak mocie would be great! I always thought the Jak games had far deeper plots than the PS2 Ratchet games. And the first game could have a good movie.

Jak and Daxter explore Misty Island, Daxter goes dark, they notice an army being raised, and some evil dudes. They return to Samos, Daxters only hope of being fixex is from Gol, and they venture forth across the land. But Lurkers try to stop them everywhere they go. Samos' sae friends are all missing, and as they get closer to Gol the seriousness of the situation increases as the Lurkers increase in numbers, and the sages continue to be all gone.

Near the end the good guys find out that Gol and Maia are the evil guys, and the motivation turns towards stopping their dark eco plans. However right at the end Daxter (who is by natire selfsh) does the right thing, and sacrifices his only chance to change back to save the world.

Oh and at the end of the credits they find these awesome Precursor artifacts!

(This was typed on a Vita, sorry for any poor spelling/grammar)

Yeah, it could turn out pretty well… It'll probably be a retelling of the first game, like Ratchet and Sly. I just don't think they could bring Haven City to the big screen in their next movies… As I said, get Max Casella to voice Daxter and I'll go see it no matter what emoji