Thread: Does Ratchet look kinda the same?

he also looks older. emoji

Am I the only one who didn't hate the new artstyle of A4O and FFA? It really wasn't that bad, it was more reminiscent of the cartoony artstyle of the PS2 games, whereas the Future series was trying to be really "realistic"…. Seriously, Ratchet looked more like the big-eyed mascot he originally was, and Clank looked absolutely adorable! ^_^
Seriously, why do people hate the new Ratchet design??

I don't hate the style, and in a way it does sorta suit the games, I just prefer the future look and feel.

For the biggest part his fur and big head. But Ratchet doesn't even look that bad, its Clank and Qwark that I think look way too… ugly?

Well i could explain a bit here:

A4O and FFA were made in the new Insomniac Studio, and they wanted to have a bigger budget which involved improved graphics, but then they had to make new models for the characters and since the original insomniac studio were busy they hhad to make new models themself, therefore they are different…
i like the style because of the graphics and it makes Ratchet show more emotions… But i still prefer the future version.
Now if they make another RandC game (The probably will) then it will probably be made in the old studio.. and then it probably means it will get the old models again!

A4O and FFA were made in the new Insomniac Studio, and they wanted to have a bigger budget which involved improved graphics, but then they had to make new models for the characters and since the original insomniac studio were busy they hhad to make new models themself, therefore they are different…
i like the style because of the graphics and it makes Ratchet show more emotions… But i still prefer the future version.
Now if they make another RandC game (The probably will) then it will probably be made in the old studio.. and then it probably means it will get the old models again!

And the original gameplay pleazemoji

And the original gameplay pleazemoji

He He, Yeah, that is of course important! Like ACIT!

Lets have wall jumping and swimming back!

Ah yes, I almost forgot Ratchet could actually swimemoji
To be honest, I jumped in the water in QForce. Silly me.

I really hope that the old studio would make more RC games, but I think it's highly possible that if they are going to make more games they are probably being made on the new studio too, because the old one made RC games almost an decade and I would guess they wana be working on some other things now. :/

I'm not sure though if it is their thing to decide which studio makes those games or sonys? I would not like to see a RC game which Insomniac was "forced" to do, would not probably be that good either.

Anyone else than me who killed myself in the game to get back to the qforce base so you could protect it?

Anyone else than me who killed myself in the game to get back to the qforce base so you could protect it?

Yeah, I cheated that way too xP

Yeah, I cheated that way too xP

Not intentionally, but yes I've done that. And yes, I accidentally jumped in the water too. emoji

Well, hopefully they do make another game with the future model. emoji
That is all I have to say in that Matter. emoji

EDIT: Okay, I've seen some vids and saw some of the animation and I have to admit, it is kinda good, and AI don't completely hate it. I actually kinda like it. o_0

Insomniac were once a full studio in Burbank. Yes. And there were two teams, one on Ratchet and the other on Resistance. They decided to expand so they split apart and set up a studio in North Carolina. They decided that NC would work on R&C:A4O so they DID give them the full game engine, all the models. Everything. Meanwhile Burbank was to work on Resistance 3. While making A4O they decided to go for a more cartoony feel, so tweaked the charters a bit. And Clank was too small and too hard to see, so they made him bigger.

They have said that The R&C:A4O styles are a change. The charters evolved into it, and are constantly changing (clearly) and that they don't plan of dumping the A4O models, but it's possible they could improve on them more. (Personally I hope Qwark gets some backwards changes, but they don't like going backwards)

They are now working on Fuse in Burbank, and at the CA studio they will continue to make Ratchet & Clank. (that is if they decide to continue making R&C) They won't work on R&C at the old studio.

They only left the models the same for FFA, because it's a little small game, and they are making it using the same method they used for QFB; they want to cut down on costs and time by making it small and using the same textures and models from A4O. So they can make it cheaper for us!