Thread: Does Ratchet look kinda the same?

Maybe some fully new models would be ok, but I don't really like that cartoony style on most of the characters so I'd like to see a Future-like model or at least a more furry version of the one now.

Well as much as people seem to like the Future models more, I don't think they will go back to that. But they might remake the models and give Ratchet a smaller head (I didn't see the problem with Ratchet) re-size Clank, and alter Qwark.

Agreed, Ruler!
I'm not having a huge problem with Ratchet, I just miss his fur and I think his head and ears are too big. But further he's ok. emoji

Well i could explain a bit here:

A4O and FFA were made in the new Insomniac Studio, and they wanted to have a bigger budget which involved improved graphics, but then they had to make new models for the characters and since the original insomniac studio were busy they hhad to make new models themself, therefore they are different…
i like the style because of the graphics and it makes Ratchet show more emotions… But i still prefer the future version.
Now if they make another RandC game (The probably will) then it will probably be made in the old studio.. and then it probably means it will get the old models again!

Insomniac were once a full studio in Burbank. Yes. And there were two teams, one on Ratchet and the other on Resistance. They decided to expand so they split apart and set up a studio in North Carolina. They decided that NC would work on R&C:A4O so they DID give them the full game engine, all the models. Everything. Meanwhile Burbank was to work on Resistance 3. While making A4O they decided to go for a more cartoony feel, so tweaked the charters a bit. And Clank was too small and too hard to see, so they made him bigger.

They have said that The R&C:A4O styles are a change. The charters evolved into it, and are constantly changing (clearly) and that they don't plan of dumping the A4O models, but it's possible they could improve on them more. (Personally I hope Qwark gets some backwards changes, but they don't like going backwards)

They are now working on Fuse in Burbank, and at the CA studio they will continue to make Ratchet & Clank. (that is if they decide to continue making R&C) They won't work on R&C at the old studio.

They only left the models the same for FFA, because it's a little small game, and they are making it using the same method they used for QFB; they want to cut down on costs and time by making it small and using the same textures and models from A4O. So they can make it cheaper for us!

Thank you! You always "expand" my posts. I knew all that i just were a bit lazy…

Anyway! Totally agreeing they should probably fix the figures… maybe make the green glow in Clank's eyes a bit weaker, it has been a bit to strong…
And Ratchet has a bit to "less" fur… He could need a bit more. and a new suit to wear…
Now of course i could bring up a huge list if needed but i don't think it is…

Qwark needs a facelift, he has kind of the Troll-Face now. His laugh is scary, but only in-game. The cutscenes are ok. emoji

"I AGREE ON EVERYTHING EVERYBODY HAS JUST SAID" emoji

Qwark needs a facelift, he has kind of the Troll-Face now. His laugh is scary, but only in-game. The cutscenes are ok. emoji

He has been slowly getting more, is rounded the right word? He had a proper square chin in the trilogy, although I prefer future style (again). Maybe it's just becasue I played those first.

The only one I actually miss is Qwark. Ratchet still has his fur, it's just shorter, and harder to notice, but if you have a good enough TV you'd be all like "Wow, so he does have fur!" I saw it from that start, but that could be because I have a massive TV and sit quite near it.

Qwark just looked so good in ToD and ACiT, but in A4O I thought that everything they did to make him more cartoony took away his unique Qwark look. But I'll be fine, I'm sure whatever changes they make in the future will be for the best. I may not like the new Qwark but I know I'll adjust.

Deleted user

Well, I think that they just tweaked the models cause All 4 One links to the Comic series, and I guess Insomniac liked the covers SO much, that they didn't even open the books to see the artwork that was inside emoji I'm sure that when they make the fourth game in the Future series, it will have the same models.

The cover was made by the artists at Insomniac, known as Creaturebox.

The comic's writing was also made by TJ Fixman, so really the comics were made by Insomniac. That'd be why they were so darn good!

I'd bet all the people working on the A4O models would have read the comics all the way through, why wouldn't they?

Deleted user

yeah he looks the same

If you compare the Future series models to the A4O models, I'm not sure it's Ratchet's head that's got bigger. Looking at him, and to some extent Nefarious too, they've both slimmed down in the body whilst their heads remained the same. In contrast Qwark got ever bulkier in the shoulder. It's just a cartoonising method that seems to come from Anime.
Clank is the only one who didn't really change much.

Isn't it quite obvious A4O and FFA have the same models, because well; 1. You can see that on your own eyes and 2. Why would they change the game motor for a short PSN game and change the models and all that again.

In my opinion the ACiT's Ratchet (as well as all the other models (except Qwark, whose look I think is the best in PS2 games))looks by far the best, especially on the cutscenes. His emotions etc. look really good on that model. Ratchet also looks the most mature on that model imo. whereas in A4O/FFA he looks a lot younger again. :|

I think the A4O and FFA models just look somehow blank and boring to me, and that oversized and wide head just doesn't seem to fit to the slim body at all and Qwark looks just plain awful.

Agreed.:oui::oui:

Both games have the same models, not just with Ratchet, but every other character. I miss the 'Future' version of ratchet. But even so, the new version doesn't really have that much of an impact though, it's "OK" i guess.