Thread: 2013 for Ratchet & Clank. Good or bad?

User image

Last year was a really good year for Ratchet and Clank. The 10th Anniversary, finally an HD classcis of the original trilogy, a short adventure in QForce/FFA and a cameo in PlayStation AllStars!
But what will 2013 be like for our heroes? Is there time or want to create a new adventure in the original style, a cameo in some racing game or just nothing at all?

What are your guesses (and hopes) on Ratchet & Clank in 2013?!

Ratchet Gladiator HD (PSN Exclusive)
Ratchet & Clank: QForce (Vita Release)
Metropolis Map DLC for QForce
Ratchet & Clank Animation Movie announced
Torren IV Map DLC for QForce
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus for PS3

Well, i hope the next 3 words are enough to explain what i am super hyped for:

FEBRUARY, DEADLOCKED, HD!!!

emoji

I'm not really too pumped about it since I'm not gonna get it. I only buy hard copy games.emoji

Yeah, i've been playing the multiplayer of RaC 3 alot so i'm especially buying it for the multiplayer emoji

Deadlocked has a release date now? SOOO can't wait, then I've finally played all the main console games emoji

Otherwise hoping for a full size game, probably be with the new look meh oh well, but a platformer in the normal style with multiple mini-games or challenges, also bringing back challenge mode swimming and wall jumping.

Deadlocked has a release date now? SOOO can't wait, then I've finally played all the main console games emoji

Otherwise hoping for a full size game, probably be with the new look meh oh well, but a platformer in the normal style with multiple mini-games or challenges, also bringing back challenge mode swimming and wall jumping.

..and Clank back on your backemoji
A fully full Ratchet game, but with the A4O/FFA design? Sounds like an okay deal.

Actually, I don't want to see any new Ratchet & Clank games till PS4. They NEED break. I understand Q-Force - Insomniac, wanted to celebrate duo's birthday, but now those two need to retire more than ever before. So I hope, that in case of R&C, 2013 will be a quiet year.

Actually, I don't want to see any new Ratchet & Clank games till PS4. They NEED break. I understand Q-Force - Insomniac, wanted to celebrate duo's birthday, but now those two need to retire more than ever before. So I hope, that in case of R&C, 2013 will be a quiet year.

Hmm, pretty much agree on this, I think there should be one more trilogy to give the series the seriously epic ending it deserves. I would have been fine if the series had ended to ACiT and the comics as an little extra.

But now that they have made those spin offs, this series really does not deserve to end that way. Rest of lombaxes on another dimension, Max Apogee and Angela Cross and maybe Ratchet sacrificing his life to save the universe the one last time from a ultimate enemy? Oh yes, that would be for my liking to end it emojiD

It's sad because basically the series was going so well until Insomniac came up with a new idea (NOT RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS, NEW IDEA) that they could add a bit of co-op to the series, but they were wrong. People didn't like the co-op, people hated the camera and style that was required to make the co-op work.

So now people want this 'final game' to END the series, simply because they thing Insomniac are running out of ideas. With everyone saying that they could very well stop with Ratchet and Clank. 2013 could be the last year, but I don't want to see that happen. Insomniac are very creative, they've kept the Ratchet series alive for 10 years, each game better than the last, until they tried something different.

Obviously FFA is Insomniac's chance to semi-revive the series, it works well as a mini-game because Insomniac introduced this tower defense thing while putting the camera back and keeping the co-op feature, indfact in FFA they had the co-op feature done just as people wanted it to be back when they wanted it. The only problem was the tower defense parts. However (I might be wrong but) people liked FFA more than A4O. And it was made using A4O's style and stuff, just like QFB so if it didn't do too well it wouldn't hurt the company as much, as they didn't have to re-do as much as if it were a full title.

I think that FFA looks a lot like UYA online, maybe that's what they wanted, to bring people back to the ever so popular UYA online for a small price?

Insomniac are just trying crazy new ideas, they aren't running out. The only thing they are running out of is support. Until people see this Ratchet & Clank might not have much of a future. I really like R&C, and want to see another 10 years of awesome games! Insomniac can do it.

May I make a comparisson that really fits the theme here?

On Februari 21 Nintendo's franchise StarFox will become 20 years old. Its one of the more obsecure Nintendo games that aren't really loved that much anymore. The first 2 games were a shoot 'em up flight simulation game: Starwing/StarFox and Lylat Wars/StarFox 64. In 2002 the series got a Zelda gameplay style because another game, Dinosaur Planet, was changed into a StarFox game. This happens to be my favorite game of all time, but most of the people hated it. The gameplay style was 95% different. Then in 2005 came StarFox Assault, which was just a linear shooting, but also missions on foot. Then came Nintendo's StarFox Command in 2008 where they made it an RPG style game with the most awfull story ever in a sequel to an excistin game. In 2011 they made a new game to make the fans happy and spend a little budget. A remake of a remake: StarFox 64 3D. Also with the news that this would be the last StarFox game ever made. So they basicly ended the series by ripping the last pages out of the story and leave it unfinished.

After 20 years they released 9 games, on which 3 canselled. I know it possible that if a new game comes out, its very likely that there will not be one after, ever. So my biggest wish is that they will end the series with a blow. A great happy ending.
But since Ratchet & Clank is still alive. 10 years and 13 games, not counting the PSP ports of SM and SAC. The series is alive, it doesn't have to end. All it needs is go back to basic and add as much that Insomniac can to make it entertaining for themselves. Make it a challenge for themself. Give it the time they need or want. Let them do whatever, but the time for its end has not yet come. Ratchet isn't like StarFox. They are still loved by the fans, even with the spinoffs. It can NOT end yet. There are still many fans left that would love to see our heroes 13 times again in the next 10 years. As long as they do the spinoffs good.

I kinda agree with you there, IF Insomniac spent some time and came back with a big bang onto PS4 with a new trilogy, a new story and original gameplay. Much like they did with the PS3 and the Future Trilogy.

Its possible, if the PS4 is more than a rumour and it does come out at the end of 2013 or early 2014.

I think the PS3 should survive longer. In order to do that, you need good games like Ratchet.
I don't see any problems if they launch another good Ratcet game. Its gonna take like 2 years before PS4 according to the rumors anyway.

The more time Insomniac spends on their next game the better. I mean look at ACiT and Resistance 3!

EDIT: About the rumors. They are rumors, nothing more. We don't know anything about the next generation PlayStation, all we know is it may or may not come at some point in time soon or in the future.

I agree rumours are just rumours. They put the PS4, which may or may not exist, also potentially known as Orbis emoji releasing from the end of 2013 to 2016. I think the PS3 will have a longer life, but hopefully if the PS4 comes out it will be backwards compatible. With every preceding PS console would be nice.

As for ACiT and Resistance 3, well a long wait and two great endings to two amazing Trilogys. Maybe they'll pull the same thing for Fuse. Insomniac seem to do trilogys well, so here's hoping there's some more in the near future.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time also look very neat after these 2 years of waiting since the announcement. I am willing to wait that time again IF Ratchet goes back to basic.