Thread: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played Heavy Rain a little last friday. I wanted to try it to see how much Beyond would be worth to me, but it appears they aren't really alike. I don't like any of the characters and the story is like a good episode of Criminal Minds. The game holds up the movie elements and the movie elements hold up the game. I don't like it that much…

I recently started playing Spyro: Year of the Dragon.

As I hinted at in the other thread I've been playing The Last of Us and it sure does get my heart racing. I don't care so much for the story, I spend most of my time worrying about what could be around the next corner and wondering if I want it to be human or infected.

I quite like getting into a game having known very little about it before hand, it makes me like it more; like with Metal Gear Solid 1 and 4, or inFamous or Killzone. Can't say it's quite the same when I'm really anticipating a game like Ratchet & Clank or Metal Gear Solid 2.

@HeatherGrace: Heavy Rain is weird. I enjoyed it when I played it, but after the fact, I don't really think too highly of it. I think its got a lot of flaws but despite them its at least interesting to continue playing to see what happens. Were it not for the "mystery", I really don't think many would have bothered to play to the end of the game (or maybe that's just me).

@Smega: Year of the Dragon is my fave in the series and one of my favorite games! (Also yeesh your avatar is scary.)

@Ratchetruler: I totally know that feeling; its like you stumbled on a gem unexpectedly and its a nice surprise. It actually happened to me with inFAMOUS as well; I don't necessarily love the game but I had no interest in it prior and it impressed me when I finally got my hands on it.

Right. Normally I spend so much time ensuring I'm getting my moneys worth I ruin the whole thing by seeing too much on the internet.

MGS4 was the best deal I ever got, I managed to get a really clean copy on the internet for like $10, I wanted to play MGS2 and 3 first so I just watched a playthrough of MGS2 on youtube and got straight into MGS4 the moment it arrived. I'll never forget my first impressions with those games. It didn't matter how old it was, the game was remarkable, and running in blind just made it so much sweeter.

Alright then, I'll play it through. Let's hope is just a 10 hour game… but if I can kill off characters to make it shorter, I will. Gnananah emoji

too bad you can't speed-run the hours of cut scenes.

Alright then, I'll play it through. Let's hope is just a 10 hour game… but if I can kill off characters to make it shorter, I will. Gnananah emoji

Well rather what I meant was, its mostly the story/mystery that compels people to keep playing, rather than the gameplay; So if you're not already pulled in by trying to solve the mystery then you probably won't enjoy the rest of the game too much, so don't feel like you have to force yourself to play. On the other hand, you might enjoy killing off characters so… emoji

In that case, I QUIT. Time for Inversion or Rayman Legends to make Ruler happy.

Yea It's pretty clear Metal Gear games just aren't for you.

You don't need to play Legends to make me happy, you just need to do it to make you happy… unless you didn't like the direction Origins took, in which case you probably won't like Legends.

I must say I really miss the style they were going with for Rayman 2 and 3 though… why does the series have to keep re-inventing itself!?

EDIT: By the way I was playing Ratchet & Clank 1 yesterday. I decided to play my original 100% save file. It was awful. I've played way too much Ratchet & Clank. I literally fell asleep probably 3 times, and had to skip every cutscene to keep myself awake.

I've just been playing too much of the same stuff recently, I suppose today I'd better play Fallout 3 or Impossible Creatures or something else I haven't properly played through before.

Playing it for me too ofcourse ^^
I've played a lot of Rayman as a kid. Rayman 3: HH was and still is my favorite. emoji

Yep, same here. Rayman meant everything to me. It still does actually, I love the new 2D Rayman games, but I like them for completely different reasons to Rayman 3.

I've finished Year of the Dragon, and that means I've now completely completed the entire Spyro trilogy! (Except for a few skill points in Spyro 2 that I simply couldn't be stuffed with.) I'm still playing Gran Turismo 6, and soon I will start the Simpsons Game on PS3.

Picked up Inversion. Love the grafity mechanics the game has! If only the game had nicer characters, dialogue and better plot…

One of my friends gifted me One Piece: Romance Dawn for 3DS which I wanted because I love One Piece and I love RPGs but so far it sadly hasn't been that great… I know usually games based off of anime (or movies or TV shows) aren't very good but the last two One Piece games were fun and I so wanted this one to be too. Maybe I just have to play a little further but its hard to convince myself to play.