Thread: Is it the end of the series?

You're taking it seriously, but I agree with you in 100%. But I don't mind a smell of a new BlueRay that much… I'm more concentrated on the smell of manual emoji

I'm a collector too, so I indeed take it very seriously.

…but the manuel smells good too. Better than a new car, but not as good as the pages of a comicbook ^^

I'm a collector too, so I indeed take it very seriously.

…but the manuel smells good too. Better than a new car, but not as good as the pages of a comicbook ^^

…or an old book. I think we're going a bit off topic thought emoji

And that's what I hate the most about many Sony games. Developers should make games for love, and not for money only!
Let's just hope ITN was made with love and passion and not for some many dollars!

Well, Insomniacs were doing their games with passion and love so far (fortunatly SONY have some standard of quality), so there's no problem with that so far (althrough FFA is trying to prove me wrong). I meant that leaving a popular franchise would be just supid for them - I'm not worrying about the end of R&C really.

EDIT

When it goes 'download only', I'm leaving the newer generations forgood.

Well, that would be ashame. And we would have to buy a new hard disc emoji I see your point, let's hope consoles stay with us for long emoji

Same here, no discs, no buy!

Wow, I would miss the discs but I won't stop buying games just because of that… I bought Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time via PS Store to be fair…

Wow, I would miss the discs but I won't stop buying games just because of that… I bought Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time via PS Store to be fair…

It's just not fun anymore, i go to my local game store for a new game, and i get excited, that one of the best feelings emoji

I bought a few games on the Virtual Console* once. I bought all of them again hardcopy because I wanted to play them original. Besides that I've never downloaded a game. Except for Twilight Trivia and a few other free games for my mother's iPademoji

There's enough games in the PSN store that I'd like to play. Especially Rocket Knight Adventures, but I'm not getting it because, like I said, I'm not paying for something I can't touch.

*store on the Wii where you can buy oldskool games.

Wow, you're in a good situation. When I went to Danmark and Britain I was stunned seeing a game stores in a mall. Seriously, there's not really a line of game shops here in Poland, just singular ones. And I mostly get the games from there via internet site. *jealous face*

I used to live miles away from the nearest gamestore. Had to travel 30km to get my pre-order in another city. But now I go to school in a big city and its just a 5 minute walk to the game mania. So when I want a certain game (like a used Fuse friday) I'll just ask some friends to come along. Everybody needs to get away from their PC once in a while.emoji

I used to live miles away from the nearest gamestore. Had to travel 30km to get my pre-order in another city. But now I go to school in a big city and its just a 5 minute walk to the game mania. So when I want a certain game (like a used Fuse friday) I'll just ask some friends to come along. Everybody needs to get away from their PC once in a while.emoji

Game Mania are my friends emoji

Deleted user

I doubt that this game will mark the end of the series,I think Insomniac have realised that their fans only want the classic gameplay of the old games and the fans also miss the crude humour,I think insomniac are trying to go back to that way of gameplay and bring their fans back to their series

As a fellow disc-buying person I can relate to your needs to buy discs and boxes and stack them in a cabinet or something.

But when you consider what a disc actually is, you just know that the technology will not last. Discs have to spin faster and faster with each new iteration and get more and more layers (making them more expensive). Disc drives are also big and fail way to much. Perhaps they could be replaced with some sort of memory stick like what the Vita does. But hardware developers are getting sick of it (I'd imagine). They are both technically unnecessary, and as long as we stick to Blu-ray it will be hard to make those steps forward that the game industry needs to survive.

I love my discs, but they are not perfect. As tech grows bigger and more advanced their life expectancy shortens. In all my experiences with consoles disc drives are the only things to fail me. And as a kid I was a bit ruthless with my PS2 discs, and as I ripped them in and out of their cases and left them on the floor they became scratched and cracked. Discs are going to fade, and we all know it.

What we need is something we don't have the ability to destroy, and a machine that won't literally cook itself. Of course there are ways a person can help their machine by cleaning it often and pulling it apart and taking dust out, but I highly doubt most PS3 owners have the ability to do that.

Cards can still be lost and broken, but digital media cant. When you buy something digitally you get the contents of the disc shoved onto your hard drive. That's the game. The game is the most important part, it's the part that people buy and play, and most importantly it's the part people like Naughty Dog and Insomniac create. They spend often years at a time creating the contents of the disc, and have nothing to do with the way it gets to you. It's the part which costs millions of dollars and hours to create, the disc is a medium for it to get to you.

To be completely honst saying that you're going to stop buying games when discs are gone is completely unreasonable! It's exactly the same as saying "I don't trust Microsoft as a company so I won't give Xbox a chance and therefor all of the developers for it suck."

Digital media has it's downside, if you delete the game off of your hard drive while the network is offline you wont get your game back. Wow that's a bummer. So here is some advice: If you like it or think you might like it, don't delete it. Get a new hard drive (like how you'd get a new disc) and keep going. Have collections on each hard drive and swap them out like you would a disc. But of course this would be during the time they are closing down the PSN as a whole. This would be a very very very long time away. I mean they are still selling PS1 games on PSN, and why get rid of a few gigs of games like that anyway? Same goes for PS2 and soon PS3. They will be considered small and taking up hardly any room.

I love discs, but I know they have been inferior for a while and Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo (I assume) know this too. That's why they are pushing to get digital media out there. If you buy digitally you get what you wanted all along: THE GAME. Only this time your game will be faster to use (In a way).

Sorry for the long post emoji

Basically, now I won't have to punch my console for the disc to work.

No. You'd just have to tap X

No. You'd just have to tap X

The future is black awesome!