Thread: Uncharted 4 vs. Jak 4 vs. nothing

Don't forget that it was already two times that ND told us they tried, but failed on making a new J&D game. With the direction studio took with Uncharted and TLoU, they are probably trying to please fans of their current work, not those back from the times of PS1 and PS2. And as much as I remember, masterminds behind the series are not in ND anymore.

The people behind Uncharted should still work there. Like that blond lady? She was there to pick up the GOTY award for Uncharted 3.

The longer we go without Jak games, the less people will be interested. I don't think we'll see another Jak game, as the fact is they just won't sell as well as Uncharted or The Last of Us, which are the sorts of games most players seem to want these days.

What games do you think are most popular now and what connects them together?

Call of Duty, Battlefield, Killzone, Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear Solid V and so on…

Oh. Then you can't have things like Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter aor LittleBigPlanet (community judgement - childish game) on the top of the charts…

What connects them is immense violence, guns and online. Though the more mature games like Uncharted and TLoU are populair with the gamers from the past. The people who pretty much grew up with games.

What connects them is immense violence, guns and online. Though the more mature games like Uncharted and TLoU are populair with the gamers from the past. The people who pretty much grew up with games.

Uh huh, I accept. I grew up a little on games too even though I am almost (12 days!) a 2000 kid. I mean things like RaC, JaD and oh my Crash Bandicoot emoji
When I was younger, my brother and mother used to play these, too. So first I watched and then I played emoji

I also agree that the games industry is currently a bit obsessed with the same "shoot stuff, do nothing else" formula, I think I may have said this in another thread but I heard someone say recently:
[quote=I can't remember who said it]Ten years ago, the game industry was "let's make a great, unique game and hope we make money out of it", now though, it's more like "Let's make lots of money and hope it's a good game
The point being, game developers are becoming more and more afraid to try anything new, because they know that reusing the same old formula again and again and again will rake in a lot of money from fans. It's sad really, since Ratchet and Jak and Sly and many others were such unique titles when they were first released, and games that are so unique are becoming rarer and rarer lately… emoji

Yes it is really sad to see what tops the charts… I can't say I agree with CoD and Battlefield, but I see what people like in games like Metal Gear Solid, Killzone and GTA.

Killzone definitely tries to evolve by increasing the weapons' functions and by having an evolving story. I like how it tells of this war very very similar to WWII, but set really far in the future. It's all clearly had a lot of thought into it.

GTA V was just revolutionary because they were able to have a massive map, great graphics and a hell of a lot to do. It really does feel alive, and the 3 drastically different characters are prety well laid out, and there is almost always one that someone likes.

Metal Gear Solid just revoutionased storytelling and gameplay as a whole, it makes CoD and Battlefield look like utter garbage (no offense people who like them)

Of course games like R&C and J&D are completely epic and deserve so much more attention, but some of the 'generic' top games aren't actually that generic.

Call of Duty, Battlefield, Killzone, Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear Solid V and so on…

You'd be surprised.

So what do you think are the most popular games these days?

Most gamers just buy anything they might like, the newer generation that is. The young PlayStation owners I know have a big collection of CoD. And the Wii-owners play nowadays crappy Mario games. Gosh, its a shame what happened to Nintendo..

However, the people from the era before PS3/Wii/360 are mostly the true gamers. They get themselves the IG, ND and other similar games. They grew up with storytelling and will keep on playing that.

Gran Turismo, Madden and Halo.
EDIT: And Elder Scrolls.

Gran Turismo, Madden and Halo.
EDIT: And Elder Scrolls.

Really!? Well I guess I am not as widely spanned across the internet, and I'm just going off the vibes I get from the people around me, and when interweb sites make a big deal about a series for ages I consider it popular.

I know Halo and Elder Scrolls are super-popular though, I have no idea why I didn't mention them.

As for Madden and Gran Turismo I must say I am very surprised, I only know 2 people (offline) who play GT.