Thread: Really Random thread

While on the topic of R&C name definitions; I looked up the definition of "Gaspar" and it turns out it translates into "treasure" so with the remake they're sort of making it true to its name this time what with the brain hunting and all.

Infact I looked up the definitions of every planet in the first game, turns out that the planets are old European names with some slightly modified to sound more like planets such as Quartus –> Quartu the only ones that didn't seem to have a meaning were Orxon and Pokitaru.

Even more interesting is that Quartus translates into "brother" or "fellow believer" which is kinda fitting considering that's where Clank was created. Also there was a man called Saint Quartus who left his town to convert people to Christianity and turn their lives around, do these parallels with Clank (take away the christianity part and replace it with Orvus/the Zoni) mean that Clank was based on this man or am I just looking too far into this?

That's an interesting question you should post to Insomniac forums :oui:

Oh, on the account of planet names, I'm pretty sure you stumbled upon Umbrish meaning 'shadow' or something like that, referring to the fact that Qwark is doing nasty stuff in his base/in the shadows while looking like a hero in the limelight.

Darkstar, why haven't we heard of you about this yet?

User image

User image

Oooh, Dr. Evil emoji

User image

Because I'd rather not talk about it :/
The game looks more like Metroid Dread to me.

Understood. They shouldn't have called it Metroid. And what the heck are they doing over there anyway? They give people a fake sense of nostalgia. Where's the quality, Nintendo? Where?!

Understood. They shouldn't have called it Metroid. And what the heck are they doing over there anyway? They give people a fake sense of nostalgia. Where's the quality, Nintendo? Where?!

I think the fact that they slapped Metroid on the title of a random co-op space shooter proves more to me that they don't really care about Metroid anymore than if they had simply not made another Metroid game.
It would have been fine if they had announced an actual Metroid game alongside it, but as it is now it's the equivalent of Sony showing off World of Final Fantasy without the VII remake right afterwards.

Ha, exactly! For a moment I was affraid WoFF was it and they wouldn't show 7. But then they did, mind was blown!emoji
Btw, the character you play. Are they Lightning and Serah? If not, the resemblance is uncanny.

Well, since I'm not really into Nintendo stuffs, can somebody please explain this "Metroid" thing?

Well, since I'm not really into Nintendo stuffs, can somebody please explain this "Metroid" thing?

Apparently everybody was expecting a new Metroid game (legendary games on old Nintendo consoles), but N. came up with a cooperative shooter that kinda looks like the A4O formula to me and slapped "Metroid" on it.

BTW Anka is it possible that your posts don't show up in the 'latests posts' list?

Yep, I'm using the mobile version.

Apparently everybody was expecting a new Metroid game (legendary games on old Nintendo consoles), but N. came up with a cooperative shooter that kinda looks like the A4O formula to me and slapped "Metroid" on it.

Yup. It's exactly like playing the glorious A Crack in Time and then they release A4O. Except with Metroid it's worse. Imagine A4O didn't have Ratchet, Clank, Qwark and Nefarious. Instead it has 4 Fongoids that are slightly different to keep them appart. Then imagine that ToD was the last good R&C game and QfB and ACiT never released. That is this new ''Metroid'' game.

I see. What a good way to explain it emoji. Thanks.

Did I miss something?

Kewl. Facehugger in your sig emoji

Ugh. Just...what.