Thread: Pretty Random Movie Thread

Bad news ! The movie is a failure in France. 559 000 $ This is not a lot of money, so you are the last hope to contribute to the success of the movie !

its probably do to the fact that it wasnt well dubed,so it might still have chance of doing well in the us ,i hopeemoji

Bad news ! The movie is a failure in France. 559 000 $ This is not a lot of money, so you are the last hope to contribute to the success of the movie !

That's sad… :/

Geez, that's saddening. I'll watch the movie for sure when it comes out in the U.S.

definitely it will be a success in the United States because the commercials on youtube have a million views emojiemoji

When I went to the premiere last week, the entire cinema was filled with standees from the movie. And a red carpet that lead through a wall with only R&C posters! So I guess it's just a regional thing.

You went to the premiere? Cool! Was it the one in Amsterdam on the 13th?

That's the one! Buddy of mine won tickets!!
It was, unfortunately, the Dutch dub. So I'm going again in the spring vacation. emoji

Still, on mute. The movie was already amaaaaazing!

What bothers me the most about the flop is that it's in FRANCE, where the franchise has probably the most intense fanbase…

What bothers me the most about the flop is that it's in FRANCE, where the franchise has probably the most intense fanbase…

It does? I thought the US would top it.

I'm just wondering… Is it too hard to just put dubs in a movie or hire some new actors and do the voice acting from the beginning? I know that children under 10-12 can't or don't want to read but this movie is headed just towards the children but also teenagers and long time fans of the game that not only theare not children but rather much older.

During the premiere there were a lot of little kids. But also people my age (19). And some 20+'ers. So it's a pretty wide audience. emoji

During the premiere there were a lot of little kids. But also people my age (19). And some 20+'ers. So it's a pretty wide audience. emoji

Exactly! So why not put both versions for a premiere and see how they both do? Adding subtitles in a movie is much easier and cost-less than creating a whole dub. Especially when that dub is bad or just not interesting like what happened in France. Who thinks of such stupid things? Are they self-destructive? Making wrong decisions and refusing to correct themselves they can only get hurt financially.
From the Greek trailer I've seen at least most of the voice actors are good and kind of match the characters while some others over do it. I mostly like Brax' voice, Ratchet sounds a little too kiddish but that's supposed to be a good thing right? Nefarious sounds crazy and Clank… well, believe it or not that is the voice actor normal voice just like JAT and Ratchet.

When I went to the premiere last week, the entire cinema was filled with standees from the movie. And a red carpet that lead through a wall with only R&C posters! So I guess it's just a regional thing.

You went to the premiere? Cool! Was it the one in Amsterdam on the 13th?

That's the one! Buddy of mine won tickets!!
It was, unfortunately, the Dutch dub. So I'm going again in the spring vacation. emoji

Still, on mute. The movie was already amaaaaazing!

Well, that was the premiere I got tickets for, but I couldn't go emoji Going to the Belgian premiere next wednesday tho emoji

Exactly! So why not put both versions for a premiere and see how they both do? Adding subtitles in a movie is much easier and cost-less than creating a whole dub.

I actually know the answer to that. As for subtitled version, yes they are cheaper. But in many countries like Germany, Spain and France people don't know any better than dubs. TV-shows, video games, books, movies, etc. Everything is dubbed. And I'm pretty sure they don't care much for English, cause they simply don't know any better.

As for having both in premiere. A lot of cinemas don't have the budget. There aren't just 2 versions anymore. There are 4. Dub 3D/2D and orgininal version (OV) 3D/2D. So even the countries that do chose for a subtitled version go with the one that will be visited the most: the dub. And so in 2D and 3D. While bigger cinemas in bigger cities will likely choose for 3D dub and 2D OV. emoji

Well, that was the premiere I got tickets for, but I couldn't go emoji Going to the Belgian premiere next wednesday tho emoji

N'aw! Amsterdam was a little too far for you I guess. ^^
Are you going to the English version? Cause I'd rather you wait for the DVD to come out than to sit though the Dutch one :P

New movie clip. It's an extended version of the movie cutscene from the game where Elaris is introduced. I have to say, besides Victor, Elaris is my favorite new character emoji

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixcZLAnJaps

Sorry to interrupt, but new clip?
https://youtu.be/ixcZLAnJaps

Absolutely loved that scene, one of my favorites! But they took out the "Wait, are you really crying?" part in the game emoji