Thread: Naughty Dog vs. Insomniac Games

I'll bring you guys back to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRNgqrBGQcY
Somehow, Clank sees a poster of Captain Qwark, and assumes that this guy can help stop chairman Drek. Ratchet doesn't even TELL Clank who he is, and instead, they end up on a wild goose chase.
Ratchet wants to find Qwark, Clank wants to find Drek, but they go through many pointless planets to find them.

Now, I know that this is a video game. It's supposed to be long, and they didn't have a real script writer like TJ, so I'll cut them some slack.

1. Infobots only have co-ordinates to the area of space or planet they were recorded from. This means that R&C did use the infobot to go to Drek's location. It's too bad he has since moved his fleet to Veldin without Ratchet & Clank noticing.
2. Ratchet isn't a hero, he's just some person who wants to go to space. He has no desire to go out fighting crime, he just wants to go for an explore.
3. Clank probably knows exactly who Qwark is advertised to be: A hero who fights crime and saves the galaxy. Ratchet and Clank just don't know who Qwark really is yet.
4. I personally liked the premise, where Ratchet & Clank chase Qwark and Drek across the galaxy with whatever little co-ordinates they can find. They don't know where these planets are without co-ordinates only found in infobots. Therefore, how could they possibly know where Veldin is? Remember: "Space is huge".
5. Why would Drek tell the Novalis Chairman where he is going? The Novalis chairman probably didn't have the faintest idea where Drek could be.
6. They crashed the ship because Ratchet is a terrible pilot.
7. None of the planets were pointless… well except for the odd one every now and then.

R&C1 still remains one of my favorite games. You haven't managed to put a dent on it :oui:

It sure is.
Anyway, the results are:

Naughty Dog - 1
Insomniac Games - 9 (Yay)

So the winner of this round is:
Insomniac Games!

Now for the incredibly lackluster and unnecessary spin offs!

Week 7: Jak X: Combat Racing vs. Ratchet: Deadlocked

User image
User image

One I didn't play, the other one I didn't like, so I guess I have nothing to say here.

Deadlocked! My very first Ratchet game. Jak X… t'was just another racing game to me. Didn't play it a lot, but at least you could play as Ratchet.

Deadlocked. Both games shared the same plot point, so it came as no surprise to me when Mizo was revealed. At least Deadlocked was fun, even though they screwed up Ratchet's design….

I also pick Ratchet: Deadlocked. Nevertheless, this choice might not be fair because I've never played Jak X: Combat Racing. In any case, I'm sure it wouldn't have made a difference.

Deadlocked +1 (Not the best of the series, but definitely better than many other games, including Jak X.)

Deadlooooocked. Of course, because I've never played Jak X.
And it has nice soundtrack.

]And it has nice soundtrack.

That's nothing to be ashamed of–who says "generic" means "bad?" emoji

I have played Jak X, and I never got far past halfway. It's a fun game, but it's incredibly difficult and while the environments are varied in design the gameplay is not. I have to go with Deadlocked for simply being much more funny and fun… and playable.

EDIT: I might be wrong, but Deadlocked's soundtrack never really struck me as generic. Sure it wasn't as varied as the previous games but I feel it fit the theme pretty well, and was great to listen to most of the time.

Ahem…

Me!
Anyway, not surprised not many people have played Jak X, I remember that game being as rare, if not rarer than the PS2 version of TLF.

I didn't find it very hard to find. You can't bump into it quite like you would bump into R&C:ToD (which is EVERYWHERE), but if you open your eyes and have a look it should be hidden at some sort of retail store or at least readily available second hand online.