Thread: Naughty Dog vs. Insomniac Games

Main:

Uncharted, no need to think. Resitance was okay, I guess. I should give them another chance some time. The resuly wouldn't matter. Uncharted has already raided itself into my heart.

Bonus:
Last Fronier… i don't hate it or like it. Size Matters, however, I enjoyed very much on PSP. Size Matters it is!

my thred was locked because it was to simalar to this one it was a death battle between jak and ratchet how is that simalar to this one ?

Because since this is an IG vs ND thread, there were also some R&C vs J&D competition here

Deleted user

my thred was locked because it was to simalar to this one it was a death battle between jak and ratchet how is that simalar to this one ?

Because since this is an IG vs ND thread, there were also some R&C vs J&D competition here

well mine was a battle not a compittion

Oh dear, it's this round… Tgis is like R&C3 vs Jak 3. Tricky.

Well Uncharted has incredible visuals, characters and music. But Uncharted isn't that un to really play. Especially now that it's formula has been improved on so much with newer cover based shooters…

On the other hand, Resistance: Fall of Man has such awesome weapons and gameplay. But the visuals and characters were quite dull…

I have to go with Resiatance: Fall of Man and Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters.

What I understand from a battle between games here is people vote one of the candidates and give the reason why, just like in this thread

Yes, I don't really see how a battle plays out on forums in any other way than what we do here.

I once went onto PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and selected Raiden for myself with 2 AIs who were Ratchet and Jak. I managed to keep away from them and have them battle one another at the highest AI intelligence until the end. It was very very close, and incredibly interesting. I believe Ratchet one the first round, Jak one the second and then the final 2 were won the Ratchet (I had to be sure that Ratchet was the clear winner, as I wouldn't want to conclude it with the current pattern so that's why they had 4 battles instead of 3).

So there is your answer: Ratchet beats Jak.

Deleted user

What I understand from a battle between games here is people vote one of the candidates and give the reason why, just like in this thread

buy the idea is diffrent

buy the idea is diffrent

Did you mean who would win in a battle like…. physically? If the two of them were thrown into the arena against each other?

I'm not voting for the main round, since I've never played Uncharted and never really got into Resistance (unlike it's sequel).

As for BONUS ROUUUUND I give my vote to Size Matters. Sure, it's scary, short, weird and uncanon/uncanny, but all of that less than TLF.

I have to go with Resiatance: Fall of Man

Didn't see that one coming, but at least that means we're in for a more exciting battle this time. emoji

scary

Wrong sorry

Well Resistance: Fall of Man was something special for me. Uncharted was too, but unlike R:FoM it was improved upon with it's upcoming sequels.

This round is going to make me seem like a Naughty Dog hater, but everyone should remember that I absolutely adore all Uncharted games. They are beautiful masterpieces in their own right… Resistance games just capture more exciting gameplay and more interesting themes for me though.

I like both the Resistance and the Uncharted series. As for their first installments, I'll go with Res., because I just find that the formula: guns+monsters=fun totally works for me. Don't get me wrong, Unch. was great. Even though my first impression was "This is just a wanna be Tomb Raider game", as I played further I stared to appreciate it more. (By the way, the ending of Unch. had a totally different tone in comparison with the rest of the game. From a rainforest shooter it transformed into a creepy dungeon horror survival thing… I found it kinda odd.)
Therefore, Resistance +1.

Bonus: I haven't played TLF, but I'm 101% sure that even if I did, my pick would still be SM.
So, Size Matters +1.

I completely agree with Rock Lombax. Very well put :oui:

I played Resistance 1 a very very long time ago. Way back when I couldn't appreciate the FPS genre. (Due to motion sickness and the claustrofobic camera). When it comes to FPS games they're usually very brown and dull in colors. I like pretty games with green jungles or solid white buildings and blue glass.

I don't like this:
(Killzone 2)
User image

I do like this:
(Killzone: SF)
User image

If I'm not mistaken, Resistance 3 even won an award for being the 'most brown colored game' ever. The only Resistance I've beat wasn't even made by Insomniac, it was Burning Skies on Vita. But since it was okay.. I should be able to enjoy the original tilogy right? I just wish the color palette was different…

Ha, yea the whole "brown games" thing is quite good, isn't it?

Lots of people would look at Resistance: Fall of Man and Killzone 2 and see grey. They would look at Resistance 3 and see brown. But I just see the world they are trying to establish. Yea the Call of Duties of the world don't seem to fascinate me a whole heap, but that's because they seem to be following some formulas I don't find so fun.

Killzone to me is a realistic futuristic world torn by war. You can't make a full on war look all shiny and colourful because that isn't what they are. In Killzone I didn't feel like I was playing a sci-fi game, I felt like I was a pawn in a much larger war waged between two sides I really wanted to see in power. It felt like a dark and grim existence thanks to the colour scheme. It felt like a true war.

Resistance: Fall of Man is quite similar in that it helps me feel like I am a solider in a dark and scary world as everything around me is so dark. Although there are no red glowing highlights in Resistance to remind me that I'm fighting "Space Nazis", they just seem to have greys. It just feels right in this game.

Resistance 2 however is a nice relief from the dull colours of the first game. This game is full of vibrant colours that kind of take away that horror of the first game. But regardless, it's a damn fine game, and one of my favorite FPS games.

Resistance 3 wasn't all brown. Later in the game it's all blue emoji

tl;dr: I think of Killzone 2 and Resistance: Fall of Man's colours as more of an atmospheric artstyle that sets the game's theme as a darker and more sinister place. Like an old war movie.

All valid point ofcourse, but I think the colors are depressing. Too depressing. Which should fit the theme, but it's still not my thing. A little change would be nice, especially when all I'm looking at is a giant gun.. of the same color as the background.