Thread: Naughty Dog vs. Insomniac Games

Uncharted 2 is a slick beast and a solid sequel. Rightfully my favorite in the series. Resistance 2… same story as Fall of Man. Playing for a bit, put it down again.
So Uncharted 2.

As for the bonus. Secret Agent Clank is a great spinoff and a fun game to play outside your caravan during your vacation in France. I tried Daxter too, but during the mission where collect stuff in a certain time.. I put that one back on the shelf too. So Secret Agent Clank.

also agent clank

You can't vote for Secret Agent Clank twice emoji

Uncharted 2 is a good game, but Resistance 2 is a better one. So I'm going with Resistance 2. This is the easiest round in the Resistance vs Uncharted series.

As fr the bonus round… I am not a fan of Daxter, but I did indeed enjoy my many many hours with Secret Agent Clank. So I'm rolling with Secret Agent Clank.

This bonus round has made me think. I got a PSP especially for Secret Agent Clank, and I remember buying the system and that game I also later purchased MediEvil Resurrection and Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters. That's it. So I wonder how exactly I got all my PSP games, because I have: Some racing game, Killzone: Liberation, Resistance: Retribution, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, The Simpsons Movie, Daxter, and Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier. The only thing is… I haven't a clue where I got these. I know I got them all for free, so I must have "borrowed" them from my friends at school when I was pretty much heading up the unofficial PSP club for a little while.

Games suddenly appearing in your room, huh? What kind of spell are you using?

I don't know, but whatever spell it was, it stopped when I became a senior and stopped playing PSP with all the nerds, as I joined the cool kids. played less PSP at school… so I'll be there is some correlation there.

Define 'cool kids'. emoji

These cool kids?

User image

I don't know who they are, but they don't look cool or like kids.

Cool kids = people who I had more in common with.

It's Mean Girls! You've never seen Mean Girls? Oh, right. You're not girl. emoji
Anyway, they're the stereotype 'cool kids'. Rich, beatifull and mean as heck. I had enough of those in my class, I stuck around with my fellow dorks.

Never played Uncharted 2, but I have played R:2, R2 really felt like it was trying too hard to get with the times and as a result; ditched most of the charm of the series.

I agree. Resistance 2 was trying to be something the series wasn't. But I wasn't up with the times for FPS games. Resistance 2 wasn't just the second Resistance game I ever played, but also the second non-R&C game I ever played. It seemed a fresh new direction to me.

Resistance 2 had some cool extra PSP features I found very interesting with Resistance: Retribution. It also hav=d my favorite co-op multiplayer of any game… ever. And the story was actually pretty interesting for myself, as the characters, colours and action was a nice change in tone from the previous game… and the grims were pretty freaky!

Yep, I like pretty much every aspect of this game. The only things I don't like would be the competitive multiplayer and the server no longer existing. Unfortunately I can't say I like Uncharted 2 in the same ways. That game had amasing graphics and a great and funny cast of characters embarking on a great story. But I wasn't very into the war-torn settings of this game, after the incredible first game. The first game felt like a proper adventure on an uncharted island full of mystery and… stuff. But this second game just didn't have that charm.

And Uncharted 2 gets no bonus points for it's annoying collectibles, and uninteresting co-op and versus modes… well uninteresting to me anyway.

Whoa, it's a new round already? emoji
For me then - Resistance 2. The game me and my friend play in co-op all the time.
And also, even though it's a tough choice - Daxter. Probably because I was so hyped when a game featuring Daxter as the main character existed.

Where is the Uncharted love? emoji

I left mine with the first Uncharted. That game had style! Oh and the third game is really flash and dare I say… epic? The third game jut had everything for me. Well except the unlockables, I was pretty sour about the unlockables being removed. The unlockables were great in previous games. I had no drive to get the trophies with Uncharted 3… but I did them anyway because I'll take any excuse to play such a nice game.

Ah, there it is!
I actually expected Naughty Dog to whoop IG's arse in these rounds, but it seems it's the other way around.

I would have expected that… but maybe everyone here is just a little bias, thanks to Ratchet & Clank? Nah, let's not jump to that conclusion.

Naughty Dog make incredible experiences, and technical master pieces. Insomniac make fun games that I feel I need to play over and over again. Because all of Naughty Dog's games are only really fun the first time for me, I often lean towards them, thanks to all the hours I've sunk into their games… well most of them. Games like Quest for Booty, All 4 One and Fuse aren't that fun playing more than once for me.