Thread: Ratchet & Clank PS4 - Official Thread

Yeah, but it's all in the voice acting for her. My ranking of the 5 emotions are:

1) Sadness
2) Anger
3) Joy
4) Fear
5) Disgust

Also, new News post today emoji

Hmm… probably not a big screen watch for me. But I'll try it out some time. emoji

Dammit Fixman, will we ever get to know what happened to Ratchet's parents?!

Great interview btw, many reveals. I like how they actually wanted to unveil Ratchet's real name, but it's good they kept it a mystery.

The interview was very interesting indeed. TJ knows how to talk about secrets without spoiling the whole thing.
The "Some people think that the reunion with the lombaxes will somehow mark the end of the saga" part worries me a bit. I want to see the lombaxes, but I also want Ratchet's adventures to continue. Can't we somehow have both?
Also, Google Translate never ceases to amuse me: "It's a little carrot that Ratchet has always pursued" emoji Is it an expression in French or how did that happen?

(Unrelated stuff that I stumbled upon) Ratchet, what are you doing there?

Finding the Lombaxes has always felt like an end for me too. It's the goal in the game.

As far as the carrot goes. It's a regular expression, you can compare it to this:

User image

But I think that if the sequel of ItN is ever made, I hope they failed in attempting to activate the Dimensionator, and Ratchet is like, "that's okay". Honestly, I don't want the series to end soon.

Going to the Lombax dimension could actually be a crazy Sequel Hook, because who knows what is the Lombax dimension and whatever lives there…
But I see the impossibility of an ItN sequel rather in the fact that releasing a game solely for PS3 and not PS4 now is kinda… pointless, but releasing it on a PS4 would make crazy scenarios with multiple RaC games with various storylines.

Em, many franchises continue a series on a new platform. There's not reason for ItN 2 to be released on PS3 only. Just look at Uncharted, 4th instalment for PS4 only.

Oh, by the way, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Clank promised to Ratchet that he will stay with him until Ratchet is reunited with the Lombaxes.

Oh, by the way, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Clank promised to Ratchet that he will stay with him until Ratchet is reunited with the Lombaxes.

He did not say that directly to him. He did say, and I quote:

Discovering my family made me realize that… I cannot leave Ratchet. Not until he finds his own.

So he could as well leave Ratchet if he decides to settle down with Talwyn.

Whenever I hear the phrase "Ratchet settles down", it sends shivers down my spine. I know everything needs to have an end, though I'd like to prolong the inevitable as much as possible.
Finding the lombaxes doesn't necessarily mean the end of the story, it can be a new beginning. Maybe things aren't so bright in the new dimension and the lombaxes encountered new threats. And somehow things get out of control (and for some reason the highly advanced race can't handle it), so, right in the nick of time an outsider (we know who) joins them and saves the situation.
This idea may have tons of errors in it, but it's just a simple example of how things can go. I believe that as long as Insomniac wishes to continue the franchise they can come up with anything.

Nice opinion, Rock!
User image

Honestly, I'd rather have the series end with a bang instead of having Insomniac milk it for a few extra bucks.
Heck, some people don't even like R&C anymore, which should tell you enough about its rep.
If it were up to me, R&C would have ended with ACiT. It has a nice sense of finality to it. Even though it doesn't answer all the questions it does a good enough job at answering the most important ones.

If anything, I don't want the games to continue being a yearly release.

I honestly want a great multiplayer R&C game as their last shot after the release of the final game. Because, multiplayer games are alive as long as people play it and the developer take a good care of it. And when you're done with a series, you might get that empty feeling, like, "What should I do next? It's over." The multiplayer game should at least fill in some gaps in the emptiness, along with replaying the old games.