Thread: E3 2015 Chat Thread

Found it on youtube

We had 100 collectibles plus much more in two of the R&C2 planets. We also had 105 collectibles in the Aquatos Sewers. And let's face t, it's hard to make a level larger than the whole Aquatos thing. Aquatos was divided into 3 sections split up by their own loading screens.

It also seemed that the demo they were showing off for the PlayStation.Blog interview (at least) had 4 planets playable from the main menu: Aleero City, Nebula G34, Gaspar, and Pokitaru.

True, true. I was more impressed by the, 'biggest level' part. You do have a point about Aquatos, though. I never really liked the sewer area, so I didn't take time to pay attention to the size.

Well the Sewers were more condensed than the fields of the second game, so they would have actually been a bit smaller in size. But if yo add the other two sections, it becomes really quite a massive level.

Although I think Sargasso might be the largest level to date, now that I think about it. After all, on Sargasso you could only collect Leviathan Souls from killing those mini-bosses. There was no type of smaller container you could break to get Souls. This meant they were more spread out across the level too.

I don't think the two other Aquatos areas count as part of the same level as the scavenging part, I think they were talking about the level as in the loaded area and not a planet as a whole, if it was then Magnus would probably be the biggest level.

Well now that's just plain unfair.

They revealed that there are 100 brains to collect and the main menu,

A noble cause?

Oh man, that Star Fox Zero reveal was awesome! I know I'm a few days late to the party, but I've been waiting for a Star Fox game since 'Assault', and it's being co-developed by Platinum Games! The graphics may not be up to par with most Wii U games, but I think it was mainly due to them trying to maintain 60FPS on two screens. Not a big deal, I guess. If Platinum does play a decently sized role in development, things may get a little crazy. They excel in over the top action

StarFox is still my favorite franchise, I've enjoyed each and every one of them. So I've been waiting since 2011 (SF643D). But to be fair, the last true StarFox was Assault 10 years ago.

For years I watched E3 hoping to see a new StarFox game. Heck, even SF643D got me excited enough that I didn't complain at all that it was just a remake of a game I've played over 100 times for sure.

Last year when they confirmed SF:Zero I got scared. Let me first tell exactly what I want from a StarFox game:

- Epilogue
The StarFox franchise is rich with story. As well as many untold stories in the background. The most interesting mystery is probably James McCloud disappearance. As well as the never shown car bomb that killed Vixy Reinard, Fox’ mother. Did Pigma actually kill James? Why was there a moving light at the end of Lylat Wars? Is James still alive and if so, where is he? The way I see StarFox right now is a book. An exciting detective story, the last copy in the world. And someone ripped the last 10 pages out of it. The writer of the story has also died, so you will never know who did it. Feels awefull doesn’t it?
That’s why I want them to wrap up the series with a true epilogue. Solve the mystery of James McCloud, show flashbacks to Fox’ childhood, have Krystal and Fox fall in love, show more Amanda and Slippy, Falco and Katt, Peppy’s relationship with Lucy. More Star Wolf, more ex general Pepper!

-Gameplay
Think I mentioned before that StarFox Adventures is my favorite game of all time. Tbh I’m not saying I want StarFox Adventures 2. It was perfect the way it was. But I do want a game of the same length that has combat on foot like Assault and some Arwings and Landmasters thrown in for you to control. So basicly I mix between all the good of Adventures and Assault.

Those are my demands. Now let’s take a look at StarFox: Zero.

- It’s not an epilogue. It’s a not a sequel. Not a prequel. Not a gudum reboot. It’s a nothing. A non-canon story. Whyyyyyyy?!
- It’s Lylat Wars 2. Don’t take me wrong, I love Lylat Wars. I’ve put hours upon hours in that game. Even went as far as getting all the medals in SF643D in all 3 modes. Not to mention the competition I joined last year to get the most hits on Corneria. Where I became 3rd might I add. #proud. But did they need to bluntly copy Lylat Wars? It’s exactly Lylat Wars! No combat on foot. Except the Arwing walking from StarFox 2. But they’d better bring the swimming Arwing back too!
- It’s ugly. I’m not someone who goes around judging graphics, so when I am it’s the real deal. It looks so bad! Yeah, it’s high def. But the game is so empty! Put some stars here, a cylinder there. Enjoy yourselves. It looks really boring, barely any better than the pre pre pre alpha from last year.

Let's take a look at the vast city landscape of Corneria City

StarFox: Zero (2015)- An entirety of 3(!) buildings plus empty spots of grass.
User image

Lylat Wars (1996) - huge amount of buildings for a game this old
User image

StarFox Assault (2005) - Filled to the brim with buildings, signs, roads etc
User image

Why can Zero looks full like
ToD (2007) - City life, movement everywhere, buildings, roads, cars, life!
User image

Seriously?!

- Forced motion control. It seems as though they’re getting it right, but I shall remain skeptical.
- Platinum Games. They’re too Japanese over the top.

I want this game, really bad. I already bought a Wii U for it, but I really hope they’re going to get it right. I’ve never disliked a StarFox game, so they really gotta screw up for me to dislike it. I kinda needed to get that out of my system.emoji

User image

……………………….Edit

Ugh, finally. I needed this! Think I'm gonna love this game, guess my dream StarFox will have to wait though!

Treehouse Gameplay

You know, you reminded me of the fact I love Ace Combat 6 more than Ace Combat Assault Horizon. Ace Combat 6's graphics were just more beautiful than AH's.

Okay, so, my priority list: Ratchet and Clank and Star Wars Battlefront. Oh, by the way, I lately saw some people on 9GAG teasing Microsoft. Just see it by yourself emoji.

You know, you reminded me of the fact I love Ace Combat 6 more than Ace Combat Assault Horizon. Ace Combat 6's graphics were just more beautiful than AH's.

Okay, so, my priority list: Ratchet and Clank and Star Wars Battlefront. Oh, by the way, I lately saw some people on 9GAG teasing Microsoft. Just see it by yourself emoji.

It's not the graphics, they fine. I've seen nicer looking PS3 games, sure. But I still play early Xbox games and what not, no problem. Oh my gosh, co-worker is playing Lylat Wars on his PCright now. I'm out! Gotta play emoji

Have fun! emoji

…hmm, where was I. Right. The game looks boring in design, it´s like they ported StarFox 64 3D to Wii U. But that game is is supposed to look that way because it´s a remaster from a ´97 N64 game. SF:Zero has no business looking this empty. I'm very disappointing in that.

User image

User image

Those 2 GameCube games are filled with life. SF:Zero is very lifeless. And it's 2015! Releasing on a console with the same capibilities that gave us A Crack in Time, Mass Effect 3 and Lightning Returns. There's no reason it should be this empty!

I haven't played any Starfox game, so I shouldn't judge. However, I have a basic knowledge of it (spaceships, shooting, dodging, etc.). What I'm trying to get at here is the question: is Starfox Adventures a worthy game of the franchise? JonTron doesn't seem to be too happy about it…

I think Nintendo is trying to recreate Star Fox 2; a lot of the elements are there, one of them being the chicken walker mech and inclusion of characters like Katt who were originally set to debut in Star Fox 2. 'Zero' could very well be: 'Star Fox 2 Re-imagained'. I don't know if this is good or bad, honestly. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a Star Fox game like 64, but saying it's a carbon copy isn't fair. It does have elements to differentiate it: different vehicles, varied terrain, sand worms. It does suck that we have to lose characters and plot, though.

Now, I'm not trying to insult Adventures; I love that game, but there's no denying that it's basically the black sheep of the family. It was a Zelda-type adventure game in a series known for on-rails space combat. That doesn't mean there won't ever be on-foot missions, even Star Fox 64 had on-foot versus modes in multiplayer, that just means they may not play as big a role. Especially with the chicken-walker-mech-things.

I can't defend those graphics. Have you seen some of those textures? Mario Kart 8 looks better. Every first party Wii U game looks better. *shrug*

We can turn off the gyroscope, thankfully. I'm a Platinum/Clover fan-boy, it's cool that not everyone feels the same.

Hopefully they'll shed more light on what happened to James, though. Even Peppy looks like he has a few secrets to hide.

Oh, sorry. I didn't mean a blunt copy of Lylat Wars. I ment that they use most mechanics from it, so no big words with objectives like Assault. I do like the new bosses, it's Lylat Wars of steroids!
I actually own a repro cart of StarFox 2 on SNES and I've played it several times. The walking Arwing system works really well. When you need to stand still it's best to walk or flip switches. I was very surpised to see it return.

What makes a StarFox game, really? We have the on-rail shooters (Starwing/Lylat Wars), the strategic elements (StarFox 2), stratetic RPG (Command), Zelda (Adventures), action oriented (Assault). For me personally it's nothing more than the universe. The characters, the vehicles, the planets. I don't care where it is or what I'm doing, it's StarFox emoji