Thread: E3 2015 Chat Thread

Yeah, probably. Watch_Dogs released at an unfortunate time, with GTA V and all. If only they'd released the game earlier…

What's wrong with Watchdogs?

Erm… game breaking bugs, misleading PR, not-as-good-as-GTAV.

Watch Dogs is one of my favorite PS4 games at the moment. I really enjoy playing every aspect of the game. But the rest of the world doesn't agree. As mentioned by HeatherGrace, the marketing for the game suggested that it would be of much higher visual quality than the final product could ever live up to (it still looks stunning though).

A big issue is that it's a current gen game that runs on previous gen. Therefore the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions were probably not that impressive. On the other hand, the direct competitor; GTAV, manages to look beautiful on previous gen hardware, and a little better on current gen. Another thing going for GTA is it's variety in world designs, customisation options, and vehicle attributes.

Watch Dogs has some interesting new ideas, and a pretty gripping plot. It not living up to it's full potential just makes me even more interested in a sequel… after all, I feel the game does stand fine on it's own, as a person who merely stumbled across it, knowing nothing beforehand.

I think, if they make a sequel, they can 'unlock the full potential' of what the first game should/could have been. However, they will need a massive announcement trailer before people will 'trust' it.

I don't think a "trailer" is going to cut it. They will need to play the game before our eyes, in a less pre-staged fashion. Now that i'm hyped about the (possible) series, I don't want to have my hopes built up for a grand sequel that could never be so grand.

In fact they should seriously consider having a playable demo sometime between the game's announcement and release.

It will certainly need to be something big. Althought, a simple trailer seemed to work for Assassin's Creed. That's a big title, sure, but Unity was pretty screwed up.

Also, updated OP with more news.

I haven't played Watch Dogs (yet?). I've seen a bit of gameplay and for some reason it doesn't seem that attractive for me, I just can't tell why… I believe it doesn't rise to the hype. I guess this sums up everything?

It's on my 'skip-list' as well. Just doesn't do it for me, but I don't like GTA either.

I haven't played Watch Dogs (yet?). I've seen a bit of gameplay and for some reason it doesn't seem that attractive for me, I just can't tell why… I believe it doesn't rise to the hype. I guess this sums up everything?

I'm having difficulties in understanding what he was saying, at least he provided illustration pics throughout the video.

I do enjoy a good Zero Punctuation video. You get used to his speed fast… or at least I did anyway.

I was not in the slightest bit interested by any of the trailers of Watch Dogs. It never took in my interest, and I ignored it… until I played it. Remember: Yahtzee in Zero Punctuation will only point out the worst things in games. I would recommend at least renting the game, and giving it a fair chance.

You always say 'renting' as if it's the normalest thing in the world, but I have seen a movie store renting video games since the early GameCube era. You cn still rent in NZ?emoji

Why yes we can. The last time I went to a video store they had a whole heap of Xbox 360 and PS3 games. They also had a few shelves of PS2 games, a shelf of Xbox games, a shelf of PS4 games, half a shelf of PSP games, and a single Xbox One game.

I found it funny that there was just this one Xbox One game, sitting there, ready to be hired at any moment!

Except nobody owns the platform they need to play it. Badum-tss.

But yeah, cool. Here used gaming is so populair, video stores have pretty much dissapeard. I think I can count the remaining stores on one hand…

Oh, do they sell old consoles too?