Thread: The Food Thread

Peanutbutter is pretty great too. Always had it in the afternoon during my internship. Now I assosiate it with good times. ^^

User image

Nah, I prefer chocolate spread (Nutella, anybody?).

Ah, yeah. Took that for a while too. Then a co-worker had the idea to put ham and cheese on white bread, with chili sauce. Awesome!

Do you prefer tomato or chili sauce?

Depends. Fries and such need Heinz. Chili goes with lumpias ^^

Any of you here who likes mushroom?

yum pancakes
emoji

Any of you here who likes mushroom?

The short answer: No.
The long answer: Absolutely not.

*sigh* how about tomatoes?

Me, me, me, I like mushrooms.

User image

And tomatoes, and pretty much all vegetables… except Brussels sprouts and endives, those things are terrible emoji

I really love the mushroom stew my dad makes. I think this is the recipe:

User image
But it might not be very accurate emoji

Tomato? No. Tomato soup? Yes.
Mushrooms? No. Mushroom soup? Yes.

I really like mushrooms, especially when it's quite big, maybe Shitake and Champignon (no, not your Champignon, Rocky, the one that grew gigantic), and for tomatoes, I like them when they are part of a food like soup and when they are roasted.

You know what? Since this is "The Food Thread" I'm going throw in here the picture of the Mushroom King:

User image

And know, the greatest question in the whole universe:

User image

Seriously, I don't like to have either of these in my sandwich. Mayo I don't eat at all, but mustard is a must when you have a BBQ. Have you ever heard of "small ones"? These things:

User image
I'm too lazy to explain myself, so I'll show what Wikipedia has to say:

"Mititei (Romanian pronunciation: [mitiˈtej]) or mici (pronounced [mit͡ʃʲ], both Romanian words meaning "small ones"emoji is a traditional Romanian dish of grilled ground meat rolls made from a mixture of beef, lamb and pork and spices such as garlic, black pepper, thyme, coriander, anise, savory and sometimes a touch of paprika. Sodium bicarbonate and broth or water are also added to the mixture.
It is best served accompanied by french fries, mustard and pickles. A cold beer is a must for this very popular dish in Romania."

Hey, mititei looks delicious. Hmm… better grab the grilled lamb or beef version, not with mustard (it doesn't taste good for me), and maybe cold lemon tea (you know, our religion forbids pork and alcoholic drinks).

Oh, noodles are quite popular here. And here's one example: mie ayam
User image

Yeah, I've heard about that whole forbidden meat thing from my best friend, who is Muslim. I still don't understand exactly why this rule exists… Can you please explain it to me?
I do eat pork, but if were to choose I'd rather have chicken, turkey, beef, fish or seafood instead. I don't like meat with fat in it and pork tends to contain a lot of it. But then again, this also depends from what part of the animal the meat comes from. If it's clean and doesn't contain fat I'm ok with it.

As for banning alcohol, I totally agree with that idea. I don't drink alcoholic beverages, neither do I smoke, and I would like to keep it this way. In my opinion, the world be a better place without these things…