Thread: Is possible, there will be a Ratchet Movie?

i have only one thing to say: BRING IT, and do it now! emoji

This is the only way I would watch a Ratchet and Clank movie:
*If it was done by insomniac and Pixar
*It had All the original voice actors.
*It was well written and well animated
*It is canon.

There you go, people! My two cents.

This is the only way I would watch a Ratchet and Clank movie:
*If it was done by insomniac and Pixar
*It had All the original voice actors.
*It was well written and well animated
*It is canon.

There you go, people! My two cents.

I agree!
However, I prefer R&C video games.

this wass talked about in the IG website, and i made a good point as to how it would work well!..
BTW it WOULD DEFINATLEY have all voice actors IG would NEVER let Ratchet & Clank be done by some random!
Anyway here is a big copy & paste from my opinion on the IG website

R&C WOULD WORK EXTREMELY WELL as a movie not just sayin that because im a massive fan no matter what happens to the series, but R&C The Movie would definately work well. Look at the comics! Did you notice that the comics didnt look like a game! No crates no vendors no quick selection no mega big weapons no upgrades no nanotech (for booth weapons & health regeneration) if it was a movie i am sure it would be one hell of a movie! And the comics were so good! In a R&C way & Movie way. It can be done, and well. So a movie would be a good turn (but remember that a movie WILL NOT stop the games from coming)

no… the story in the movie could be made into another game. Another game would be better :P

id definitely watch the movie though.

I don't want to bail down, but, I feel like stating it.

1) Large fan base needed. While it's true that it already has one, so does Halo, and they haven't made the movie at all. Sony really needs to make sure it can cover development/creation costs, and this leads to my next point…

2) It will probably vaguely cover the R&C series, or at all the story line so far, which I don't know about. This has happened with other adaptations that I've seen, where they rarely cover the original story even the slightest in depth, and I have a feeling that this will not become a very good hit. Although, I will love to be proven wrong.

Also, the latter applies if it actually goes toward a theater, which I also doubt will happen. If they do something like a made-for-tv or just a standalone movie, there's a higher chance that it'll be pretty good.

I don't watch movies much at all, and I respect Ratchet & Clank too much to see failures (eg. PSP, PSMH) But I encourage the series to matter what happens! And a movie is not something I will force myself to watch. Ratchet & Clank are able to be good because they develop a very elaberate plot, overly powered weapons and very nice gameplay. I mean sure we can keep the weapons right? But the gameplay? How do we replace that right? I beileve that is why video games may fail at movies (I wouldn't know I haven't seen any VG movies?) Except what you forget is that Ratchet & Clank future seemed all about the story! And all people wanted were answers to the great Lombax and Zoni mysteries… Then the comics show that Ratchet & Clank don't need Nanotech to survive. They don't need a super powerful convieneantly placed vendor around every corner of every planet to supply them with thier tools of destruction. Just story and characters that we know and love! I mean seriously out of those of you who read the comic, who didn't like it? And who agrees that if it was a movie it would be great? I think while it would make a good movie, it is already a comic and that will do for that story, but it shows Ratchet & Clank can do more than games. (sorry if i'm all over the place here, i'm sometimes like that emoji )

I have a bad feeling about this. Movies about video games have a long history of sucking harder than a black hole

I personally am not overly against the idea of an R&C movie (note: "not against" does not equal "for"emoji, but if they really have to expand the franchise, I'd prefer a TV show or something. Whatever, as long as it's funny, story-ful, and good quality CGI animation (or equivalent).

I have a bad feeling about this. Movies about video games have a long history of sucking harder than a black hole

Yeah, I mean Tomb-Raider movies were always a bit strange, given that Tomb-Raider is fun because you play it (It'd be like an Uncharted movie…emoji, other games like HALO and Hitman also had their own movies didn't they? I've heard those sucked a bit. Things that started out as games were popular because of the gaming experience, therefore it's just not fun to see the character do things without you being able to control them, especially given that R&C is a platforming genre, it especially wouldn't work as a movie…

On the other hand, I've heard rumour that somebody is making a Half-Life movie, which might actually be good… But to be honest, I really think that Half Life is the ONLY game that could ever really work as a movie…

No because if it brings in new fans they may become posers and think they know it because of just the movie and not the games.

Game movies always turn out bad. Ratchet and Clank is a popular video game but not as popular as hollywwod, its better like that, it helps us keep our identities as true RaC fans.

But I will be honest, it would be rather interesting if it did happen though…

Well, I think there will be a movie and the TV series, but that stuff gotta be a crossovers of my 4 most favorite video games serieses!

Really - I sent the letters to SEGA(U.S.A., Jp, and Eu), Insomniac Games, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch and even Nihilistic Software about it, already!
Anyway, we'll see in 2014;3!!!!

Deleted user

If they do something like that I would rather have:

A- An animated version of the comic;

B- Something of the style from the JK Trilogy movie.