Thread: Jak and Daxter HD Collection?!

What did EB games do to you?? :O Did you get something cool from your preorder place?

I didn't get any nice pre order bonus from where I pre ordered it.
Some of the reasons why I hate EB games:
1. When my PSP broke they gave me a new one but forgot the battery
2. Every console I have bought from them ends up breaking (and I look after my consoles)
3. I bought Pokemon Pearl from them brand new and it had someone elses progress on it. And I have heard other people say they have got a pre owned game from them when they bought it brand new.

On YouTube a guy called KeiranMFilms has some videos about why not to buy at EB games. Be warned they contain swearing.

Oh wow I hope that never happens to me :/ I prefer to buy online or Game or JB, that's some dodgy crap right there! Lucky I'm not a regular buyer there XD

Well, I ordered my copy from Amazon, I should receive it on Friday!
I'm really excited to be able to play these games again, I haven't been able to for ages since my PS2 broke! Oh, the nostalgia I'll go through!

EDIT: The PlayStation official YouTube channel just released this Behind the Scenes thing on the Collection,
I'll put the link here

Deleted user

What the?! The collection is already out!?! In the US? That was fast!

Well, I can't wait to get it when it releases in New Zealand emoji it looks great! Just like the Sly collection

News update for outside U.S. release date:

Ok, so the Jak and Daxter HD collection is already released in America. As for everywhere else; the release date keeps being pushed back further and further. The E.U. release date was originally last Friday (10th Feb), then this Friday (17th Feb) and now it's been pushed back to the 24th! I don't know about any of the other release dates outside Europe, but I imagine there are similar issues…. And it's really irritating!

Ok, so the Jak and Daxter HD collection is already released in America. As for everywhere else; the release date keeps being pushed back further and further. The E.U. release date was originally last Friday (10th Feb), then this Friday (17th Feb) and now it's been pushed back to the 24th! I don't know about any of the other release dates outside Europe, but I imagine there are similar issues…. And it's really irritating!

New Zealand was originaly meant to get it on the 23rd of February, then the 1st of March and now it's the 8th of March!

New Zealand was originaly meant to get it on the 23rd of February, then the 1st of March and now it's the 8th of March!

Blast! I hope they don't push it back any more, I want to play some Jak!

Hmm that's weird! in Norway they say it will be released the 27th

Deleted user

WHAT?! That sucks emoji such a long wait.
Oh well, I havent had time to pay games lately anyway, but I'll get it when it comes either way…

Yeh this is major suckish the release date keeps being pushed back over here as well to early March! Gwahhh I wanna play!

What?! That's ridiculous! I wouldn't mind so much if they at least said WHY the release date keeps going back!

Deleted user

Has anyone here played the HD collection of Jak and Daxter yet?

I'm quite debating myself if it's worth to buy.

ARGH! There's too many great games and HD remakes coming out this year.

Has anyone here played the HD collection of Jak and Daxter yet?

I'm quite debating myself if it's worth to buy.

ARGH! There's too many great games and HD remakes coming out this year.

Well, if you're looking for new features (like how the Sly collection had Move Minigames), I can tell you there's nothing like that, the only things you might but it for are:

-You don't/no longer have access to the PS2 games
-You're desperate to see the games in HD or 3D
-You want to earn more trophies for your PSN-Trophy-Rating-Thingamadoo

Personally, I bought it because my PS2 had stopped working,, and I really missed the games, but having managed to repair my PS2 and have had the ability to compare the update on the graphics, I can certainly confirm that the difference is massive!

• Colors are richer
  • If you play a PS2 through an HD TV, you'll notice a lot of grain, in the HD version, the "grain" effect is completly gone
  • Some details (especially in cutscenes/cinematics) are much more noticable, for instance, Daxter looks more furry and the rings on Samos' tree trunk are more noticable
  • -The sound design has had a bit of an overhaul, this is most noticable when flying vehicles in Haven City
  • The frame rate is higher and therefore the animations run more smoothly

But if you still have access to the original PS2 games/A PS2, there wouldn't be much point in buying it…

Hope I've been helpful… emoji

Deleted user

Thanks for the feedback on the HD collection lombaxdude.

I would probably get the HD Collection if any of my PS2 copies of the Jak games weren't working properly, and maybe to play Jak 1 and 2 in HD (Jak 3, not so much).

So I'm not missing too much with this collection at the moment. I'll probably end up purchasing this like I did with the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD by waiting for the price to drop down.

how do you prefer Jak II over Jak 3… HOW!?

The Trilogy is great, only two noticeable any annoying glitches: A certain evil guy in Jak II gets black crap all over his normally awesome face, and it totally ruins the mood (a glitch in a cinematic) and the music is kinda glitchy in Haven in Jak II, but I think it always has been anyway…