Thread: Really Random thread

If Insomniac felt confident with a complicated (war) plot, I would be happy if they revisited the Lombax history that was set up in the Future series. All those Holocards made me feel nostalgic.

That reminds me (minorily spoiling PS4 game info ahead):

How do I find the teleporter to the Museum on Veldin? And is it a big deal if I haven't picked up that card pack on the training course? I mean, cards aren't unique and you get them from fighting enemies, so it may just take me a bit longer to collect them, but otherwise…
If Insomniac felt confident with a complicated (war) plot, I would be happy if they revisited the Lombax history that was set up in the Future series. All those Holocards made me feel nostalgic.

That reminds me (minorily spoiling PS4 game info ahead):

How do I find the teleporter to the Museum on Veldin? And is it a big deal if I haven't picked up that card pack on the training course? I mean, cards aren't unique and you get them from fighting enemies, so it may just take me a bit longer to collect them, but otherwise…

After you have beaten the game, select "Challenge Mode" (DO NOT SELECT "NEW GAME"emoji and after you have started in Grim's garage, the teleporter should be somewhere in the garage.

Hey just thought about something on the disc for the ps4 game…..

What is ratchet looking at?

Hey just thought about something on the disc for the ps4 game…..

What is ratchet looking at?

Eh, just posing for a picture as usual?

Wow, Handem. That seems like a pretty nice plot. Hats off to you! So it's that plot where one great evil messes up with two groups and lead them into a war. This remids me of Ace Combat 5. Two countries, Osea and Yuktobania, dragged into a huge conflict by one great evil, The Grey Men. Anyway, if they start to run out of ideas, they might take a look again at Nexus and try to make it happen. We can only hope from here.

It had to be more fleshed out though with a lot more plot points since it was supposed to be a game and would last about 10 or more hours.

Batalia had the best war, and if they want a future game focused on war they should just flat-out drop us off there again.

Batalia had the best war, and if they want a future game focused on war they should just flat-out drop us off there again.

Totally agree on this. They just did things right with the firing guns and ships. Also, Kalebo III had a good battle atmosphere, too.

Totally agree on this. They just did things right with the firing guns and ships. Also, Kalebo III had a good battle atmosphere, too.

ToD had also some good war locations since the galaxy was under Tachyon.

Yea. Rykan V, Reepor, and Fastoon were great. But the one that felt the most like a war would be Reepor. Maybe if it were bigger it would be better… like the Agorian fights in ACiT… but bigger again.

Yea. Rykan V, Reepor, and Fastoon were great. But the one that felt the most like a war would be Reepor. Maybe if it were bigger it would be better… like the Agorian fights in ACiT… but bigger again.

Reepor sure felt like an actual war, but I have no idea why. Probably the ambience.

So what about a spinoff where you play Alister Azimuth, during the time that Tachyon betrayed them. We kan see how Kaden died and Ratchet's real name and what not.

Reepor sure felt like an actual war, but I have no idea why. Probably the ambience.

When it was there when the Lombaxes and Cragmites last fought, probably the planet where the Lombaxes used the Dimensionator to banish their opponents.

So what about a spinoff where you play Alister Azimuth, during the time that Tachyon betrayed them. We kan see how Kaden died and Ratchet's real name and what not.

Why play as Alister and not as Kaden? It seems that we woud get a lot more better moments. Of course there would be the problem in the ending where the Protagonist dies, unless of course the game ends with a cutscene of Tachyon taunting Kaden and leading him into a trap and only sounds can be heard and we see a glimpse of Kaden's dead body and Tachyon over searching him and finding a photo of Ratchet with his real name, while Tachyon gets angry.

I think playing as Alister will result in a stronger player-character bond. Since we already know him, it's nicer to get to know a new character through the eyes of someone familiar. Instead of treading in the foodsteps of the character we want to meet. But that's just how I feel about it.

That might be the correct way how to continue the series. I was wondering how they'd do that, since some players would probably try to see a Future sequel as a sequel to the PS4 game.

The only problem I see with that is that we already know the conclusion. I mean, yeah, some games pull that off and it's not like Insomniac has been big on plot twists anyway (take ACIT as an example, I checked the trophy collection early on in the game because I've gotten a trophy, and boom, the first trophy I see is 88MPH, along with the description). But getting to know Kaden throughout the game all the while knowing he dies at the end kind of kills the effect. It's like having a movie spoiled for you.

I'd like to see a Ratchet origin story game, where Grimroth finds him and names him. Maybe playing as a young lombax would freshen the idea of where he came from.