Thread: Are you a fan of Spyro the Dragon?

The fun thing is, I've never been into Spyro. I always were more like a Crash person. Spyro as a character is awesome, but I never intended to really 'play' the game. So far I only tried the DS games (which a remind as crapy) and Hero's Tail and Enter the Dragonfly on PS2. Hero's Tail I think is kinda cool and I remember a friend of mine used to play the PSX games. So tommorow or something I'm actually gonna play the PSX games emoji

The fun thing is, I've never been into Spyro. I always were more like a Crash person. Spyro as a character is awesome, but I never intended to really 'play' the game. So far I only tried the DS games (which a remind as crapy) and Hero's Tail and Enter the Dragonfly on PS2. Hero's Tail I think is kinda cool and I remember a friend of mine used to play the PSX games. So tommorow or something I'm actually gonna play the PSX games emoji

I was the opposite. It wasn't until I got older that I began to like the Crash games more but I loved both of them a lot. The PSX games are a lot of fun though, I imagine you'll enjoy them. They're like Enter the Dragonfly but a -lot- better. The company that made EtD wasn't Insomniac but someone else and that was seriously the only game they made before shutting down because it was that bad.

I was the opposite. It wasn't until I got older that I began to like the Crash games more but I loved both of them a lot. The PSX games are a lot of fun though, I imagine you'll enjoy them. They're like Enter the Dragonfly but a -lot- better. The company that made EtD wasn't Insomniac but someone else and that was seriously the only game they made before shutting down because it was that bad.

Yeah idd. Well, Spyro is the evidence that only Insomniac can create great games. If I only could work there :p

Just found out the original 3, PS1 Spyro games are being released on PSN next week! 12/12/12 they'll be up and it's very tmepting. I don't know how much they'll be, but it should be the same as other PS1 games on there.

The Spyro trilogy is on PSN for 9.99€. Go get them! emoji

I already got myself the original Spyro 1 and 3 for €10,00 last year. Great games emoji

Your either missing a zero and got ripped off, or that comma should be a full stop! Lol, jk… in a way.

I have all three on my Vita, and 1 and 2 on my PSP. I have my PSP still because I like to play it a school and on the bus and stuff, there's no way I'm taking my Vita to school, It got two little dings an a (tiny) crack (in the bottom left loop) from simply dropping it once on a pile of soft little cords. I'd hate to imagine what would happen to it in my bag.

I'd put Spyro 3 on my PSP but I'm a couple of Kilobytes short… why Insomniac! Why couldn't you be more efficient!

These games are awesome BTW!

I played the notorious PS2 games first. I kinda liked 'em, but now I've played the original PSX trilogy, I finally understand why people were very disapointed.

Well I got the original trilogy off PSN and they are brilliant. Working through Spyro 2 atm and I have had a lot of fun and been thoroughly frustrated at times. Well worth it, even if the graphics aren't so hot on a 40inch telly emoji

Well the Spyro games look very good for PS1 games at least.

For PS1 games, yes they were good but back when the biggest TV was oooh 27inch. Essentially on 40inch plus they're inflated to twice they're optimum size. I just sit further away to get the same effect.
Not complaining, I wasn't expecting it to be crisp smooth images like now.
Stick them on a small screen, such as the 4inch one on my phone, and they look awesome. emoji

Yea, playing them on my PSP and PS Vita is how I prefer to play 'em. It just looks so much better, and it's like they were built to play on the go.

Agreed, I was very surpriced by the way they looked! emoji

Spyro the purple dragon emoji
I like this series in the PsOne . Evey Spyro on the Playstation were excellent but , i prefer and i love Crash Bandicoot .
The Graphics in Spyro were awesome emoji .
The Characters were funny and coloured .
My favourite game is Spyro Year of the Dragon that the best of the saga Spyro .
I have on my PsOne Spyro the Dragon , Spyro Gateway to Glimmer and Spyro Year of the dragon . In my Ps2 , i have Spyro enter the dragonfly and a hero's tail . For finish , i have Skylander's Giants and Skylander's Spyro's adventure with the Spyro Collection .
In Skylander's , The dragon Spyro is hideous and ugly emoji

Skylanders is, like you said, hideous. I wasn't even sure if it was surposed to be Spyro when I first saw him like that.