Thread: Mysterious Poster

Doubt it, the purple shading on the planet reminds me of the endings in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, this is just speculation now, but the Thugs-4-Less mention by Insomniac may have been an hint for a stage in a possible Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 2. BUT in the chance the poster IS R&C related, It certainly wouldn't be a J&D crossover, I mean, when was the last time we had a Jak and Daxter game? Not only that, but the fact that R&C is now a series that seems to mainly target towards kids, the world of Jak and Daxter would just loose it's charm, everyone would act out of character and probably be all chibi thanks to Ratchet and Clank's new art style, the crossover would loose it's meaning. Unless the almighty and powerful Naughty Dog is the brain behind this crossover. After all, they just released The Last of Us so they have the whole crew together now, and what better way to revive a franchise than to make a crossover with it's biggest rival.

they just released The Last of Us so they have the whole crew together now, and what better way to revive a franchise than to make a crossover with it's biggest rival.

The creators of Jak and Daxter were the two head fellas at Naughty Dog, who have left the company. So no, the crew is not together.

And the biggest way to revive the series should be to make a Jak and Daxter game. Like a Tools of Destruction equivalent.

I found this interesting: https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/354686584341274624

"The guys at Thugs-4-Less always seem to have a new employer. Who will it be next?"

This seems like a ginat massive hint…

EDIT: Here is more evidence: http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/showthread.php?52823-Thugs-4-Less-hints&p=1387510&viewfull=1#post1387510

James finds the poster "innnnnnterrrressssting"

James is almost as bad as Hideo Kojima!

I don't think that this is for the next Ratchet and Clank game, maybe All Stars, I could be wrong as I thought that the poster for the HD Trilogy was for something else so don't shoot the messenger if I am wrong.

Thanks
Ratchetlombax57

they just released The Last of Us so they have the whole crew together now, and what better way to revive a franchise than to make a crossover with it's biggest rival.

The creators of Jak and Daxter were the two head fellas at Naughty Dog, who have left the company. So no, the crew is not together.

And the biggest way to revive the series should be to make a Jak and Daxter game. Like a Tools of Destruction equivalent.

I meant that all of Naughty Dog's members are together now, remember that the only reason Jak 4 didn't come to be was thanks to the second team's lack of ideas, maybe now that the two teams are together they just had the idea of making a crossover with Ratchet and Clank, and that can introduce the Jak and Daxter universe to an handful of new Ratchet and Clank fans, that's what I meant by "what better way to revive a franchise", It's like MegaMan's situation, when he was confirmed for Smash Bros, everyone (that I've seen anyway) began expecting a revival of the franchise, because he may just get a bunch of Zelda and Mario fans to like him.

I think Ratchet & Clank should get another big game with the thugs, and Jak and Daxter should get a new big game too. I recon that for me, a fan of both series a little spin off wouldn't mean much, but two games one for each series would mean something more. And they could make a big deal out of Jak and Daxter, you know make some ads and stuff, and then people will get excited.

For all we know the "When worlds collide" thing in the image may not even be about a cross over, maybe a catastrophe that the Thugs caused that may just eradicate several planets in Polaris, this is not exact science here, but last time I checked a collision between two worlds reduces both to dust in a matter of hours, maybe the Thugs are taking advantage of that in order to get what they want, kind of like in movies where they capture the president and ask for loads of cash before they release him, but the Thugs are threatening the destruction of two worlds instead, and Ratachet and company just have to stop them.

I think the poster and the Thugs tweet aren't related. Insomniac message coulb be a hint for a new game, but it could be movie related as well. By the way, I'm not looking for crossover (there already has been two), I just said it kinda reminded me about it. As for the Jak & Daxter series, I think Naughty Dog didin't make it not only because of lack of ideas. After Uncharted, they started to make more mature, realistic and modern games. As much as J&D fans glad would be, Naughty Dog PS3 fans would find it as a step backwards. And if some other studio is (or will be) making Jak 4, it really shouldn't be Sanzaru (a lot of people want them to make it). They just wouldn't handle it technically. To be fair, Sly don't need so detailed, so good graphics as Ratchet and Jak do, and I don't want to see this game with loading screens. But back to topic, let's look for other news about Thugs activities. I'm so glad there's finally some new topic emoji

I think the poster and the Thugs tweet aren't related.

In that case, I can speculate, I've been thinking about the new Thugs-4-Less employer, what if (and that's a big what if) it is Max Apogee, I mean come on, Max's first mention in Tools of Destruction made it seem like he'd play a big role in the story and then they just drop it, Insomniac KNOWS the fans are obsessed with the mystery behind this guy. So, from what we know so far the story has something to do with the Thugs-4-Less, which may have something to do with Bogon, and my mind just propels to Angela Cross which, according to A Crack in Time, was last seen in Max Apogee's spaceship. It's possible that the two met and went to Bogon to escape from the pirates trying to kill them for the Lombax Secret. Again, this is just speculation.

Well, how about Thugs 4 less. Ratchet & Clank: Future 4.

At least I can dream now! Though I just got myself a job to get a PSVita. Do you guy think I should wait and save the money for a PS4?

Though I just got myself a job to get a PSVita. Do you guy think I should wait and save the money for a PS4?

I'd recommend getting both, Sony said that the Vita will be working as a "Wii U Gamepad" for the PS4, since every game will have to support Remote Play, and think about it, the whole package would just be around 600 bucks, pretty decent price for only two consoles (one of which is next gen).

I'm planning to spend about €200,0 for a Vita with PS AllStars. That'll be a great game for the long trip to south France. I love it on PS3, so the Vita version should be fine.

And if a new Ratchet releases, that would be about 2015 or so? I think I might as well get a job then. Saving my PS4 for an R&C that'll release 3 years later isn't really what I'm looking for! xD

And if a new Ratchet releases, that would be about 2015 or so? I think I might as well get a job then. Saving my PS4 for an R&C that'll release 3 years later isn't really what I'm looking for! xD

I agree. Movie would be a great promotion for a new R&C game and PS4 system. It's very likely that if they release a new game they'll release it in 2015. But it's still two years until the movie. Are they teasing the game so early (if it's in 2015 and if it's coming at all), is that about the movie (Drek being Thug's employer) or even something else? emoji

''PS3 game titled Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus''. Just that whole sentence, be true! I'm actually crying right now, I was listening to a great song when suddenly my favorite moment came when I read that little part. Stupid female emotions!emoji

But seriously. A new Ratchet game on PS3 (and PS4 too) would be the greatest thing! Hopefully I will not be disapointed!