Thread: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

How do they ruin it? I've played PS2 and PS1 (On PS3) on all sorts of TVs, from the crappiest of CRTs to bthe best LCD and Plasma displays around! And they're all equal.

It looks very pixelated and jaggy.

Original:
User image

PS3:
User image

You've been played.

That's not the original, it's the PC re-master!

EDIT: PS: Try to refrain from replying to garbage threads, so they can be buried and die.

When I play Xbox or PS2 games on an HD TV they make the games foggy and more pixelated than on an LCD TV. For PAL region's that it, though NZ is a PAL region right?

You've been played.

That's not the original, it's the PC re-master!

EDIT: PS: Try to refrain from replying to garbage threads, so they can be buried and die.

Not really:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpG9XIfFkE0

And I just needed an excuse to use that GIF.

NZ is PAL, yes.

I'm confused about that MGS example now. Because I played MGS on a (good) PS1 emulator a while back and It looked just the the PS3 one, and no where near as good as the one in the video.

I sorta just assumed that because it was released for PC at some point after the PS1 version, the PC version was capable of better graphics.

Are all these PS3 PS1 games supposed to actually look smooth? (Tomb Raider, Crash, MediEvil, Spyro, MGS) Because they are equally as bad as each other.

EDIT: Argument strengthener: http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/metal-gear-solid-ps1-vs-pc-hd-video (Note how the PC version has the motion blur effects missing as well)

EDIT 2: It's simple really, I think the reason it look horrible on the big screen is because when you get beyond a certain size it will look horrible. Example: When I play MGS1 on my PS3 the image looks horrible. When I play on my PSP it appears much better. Both images are the same size due to my face being closer to the PSP, but the PSP's lower res screen just looks better, as it's a more natural fit for the resolution.

I'd have a stronger argument if I knew more correct terminology emoji

After the Clone Wars video game I really felt like picking up the Future Saga again. I guess that perhaps it has something to do with James A. Taylor voicing Obi-Wan Kenobi. Whatever the case, yesterday I beat ToD on Challenge Mode and moved on to QfB to do the same thing. I'm also gonna include Nexus in this playthrough for the first time.

After the Clone Wars video game I really felt like picking up the Future Saga again. I guess that perhaps it has something to do with James A. Taylor voicing Obi-Wan Kenobi. Whatever the case, yesterday I beat ToD on Challenge Mode and moved on to QfB to do the same thing. I'm also gonna include Nexus in this playthrough for the first time.

Just tell me when you finish QfB in Challenge Mode…

Probably friday. I'm home early and I already got through the intro, so I just need a couple more hours.

Probably friday. I'm home early and I already got through the intro, so I just need a couple more hours.

I think you mean Hard Mode emoji

Ah yes, hard mode.

I'm playing Munch's Oddysee again, only instead of rescuing everything, I'm killing everything. emoji

Since I got a new LCD screen i've picked up a few PS2 titles that I hadn't played yet because my HD TV ruins their graphics. Have been playing Star Wars: Battlefront for a while but got kinda bored of it when A New Hope began *shame.

So I picked up Epsiode III: Revenge of the Sith. Good so far I guess. Its kinda like Clone Wars, but more mature. And maybe a little less fun.

Off-topic: What's the deal with your avatar? Who is that?

On-topic: I've played Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Terraria to death now. But not being able to play Terraria online (No one owns this!!?) I'm getting lonely. I keep thinking: "Wouldn't all this strip-mining, massive army attacks, assaults on dangerous enemy biomes, and near-impossible boss fights be so much more fun if there was someone beside me dying equally as much, if not more than me?"

And Metal Gear Rising, is possibly the most fun I've had in days (Hey, I live a life of extreme levels of fun, my standards are high!) but it's so short, I completed it on normal, then easy, then normal, then hard, then normal once more! That's 5 times! I guess if anyone was going to buy that DLC it better be me.

Oh and I recently found out that the overall 'gist' of Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is cannon, so I plan on gettibng that and Limbo (because it's on sale)

Does $10.00 sound about right for MGS:PO, and another $10.00 for Limbo? Because I don't know if they've cut the prices in half, or just removed a few cents?

A fanmade model for Mass Effect 4. (He's not a real person, can you believe it?) I thought he looked amazing, hope the real ME4 will look similar in style!

MGS: Revengeance is going for €15. Probably not my game, but I'd still like to try.

I've played Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Terraria to death now. But not being able to play Terraria online (No one owns this!!?) I'm getting lonely. I keep thinking: "Wouldn't all this strip-mining, massive army attacks, assaults on dangerous enemy biomes, and near-impossible boss fights be so much more fun if there was someone beside me dying equally as much, if not more than me?"

I've got the game, though it's on PS3 and I'm not sure it has crossplay.

I'm playing the MGS series from 1-GZ now, or rather I'm playing GZ now. Surprised how short the games can be.