Thread: Ratchet & Clank Cartoon

Hey animator(s), is it hard to animate something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VRUBV7ccsw

No, not that hard, but we can just use photoshop to do everything, just the background and the characters, and you move them every time (like stop-motion (kind of))

Or Flash?

Or Flash?

Can you do that?

No, not that hard, but we can just use photoshop to do everything, just the background and the characters, and you move them every time (like stop-motion (kind of))

So we're going to have a Ratchet and Clank cartoon, and we're not going to blow sh*t up?

With this animation you have all the sprites and backgrounds. Like Gerban said kinda like stopmotion. But it still takes quite some time and the fastest way is probably to work in different layers and turn them on and off until the end and then save them all. With about 50 layers you probably gonna need 30 min. to save them all. What a tease, it had to do it once with the few rocks for a game. emoji

To make it look more like movement you can have about 4 standard versions and about 3 special versions of each character we will use. And then draw the arms, head, arms and torso in 6 different layers. Same work, but then you can give them a lot more mobility.

Or Flash?

Can you do that?

You probably haven't used Flash (Not that flash, the other flash)

It's sort of confusing, but I'm talking of course about one of the design programs. Flash CS6 (Or 5 or whatever you like) uses Vector graphics like Adobe Illustrator. Vector are what you would ideally want with cartoons, but it takes a special kind of artist to do them, someone who does it on the computer.

Anyway I'm sure you know what Vector is, it's pictures which use mathematical calculations and positions of points of an image to form a smooth picture, it doesn't work with photos, and is only good for cartoony things, but the fact you get no pixelation is a real bonus.

Anyway, Flash uses Vector graphics, and it is designed specifically for animation and making games, although the making games side of it is real awkward and I never bothered to try it out, it's super easy to animate with and I have found it a very useful tool in the past for animations.

EDIT: And Flash is powerful and fast, because of all those little tools which let you animate… well faster.

So we're going to have a Ratchet and Clank cartoon, and we're not going to blow sh*t up?

Ofcourse we're gonna blow u some awesome sh*t! You can also do that with photshop, but also with Flash.

With this animation you have all the sprites and backgrounds. Like Gerban said kinda like stopmotion. But it still takes quite some time and the fastest way is probably to work in different layers and turn them on and off until the end and then save them all. With about 50 layers you probably gonna need 30 min. to save them all. What a tease, it had to do it once with the few rocks for a game. emoji

To make it look more like movement you can have about 4 standard versions and about 3 special versions of each character we will use. And then draw the arms, head, arms and torso in 6 different layers. Same work, but then you can give them a lot more mobility.

A few months ago I tried to do a 'Stop Motion' animation, I was doing it very correctly, but after 5 mins I was already a little crazy emoji I' don't have much patience emoji

Or Flash?

Can you do that?

You probably haven't used Flash (Not that flash, the other flash)

It's sort of confusing, but I'm talking of course about one of the design programs. Flash CS6 (Or 5 or whatever you like) uses Vector graphics like Adobe Illustrator. Vector are what you would ideally want with cartoons, but it takes a special kind of artist to do them, someone who does it on the computer.

Anyway I'm sure you know what Vector is, it's pictures which use mathematical calculations and positions of points of an image to form a smooth picture, it doesn't work with photos, and is only good for cartoony things, but the fact you get no pixelation is a real bonus.

Anyway, Flash uses Vector graphics, and it is designed specifically for animation and making games, although the making games side of it is real awkward and I never bothered to try it out, it's super easy to animate with and I have found it a very useful tool in the past for animations.

EDIT: And Flash is powerful and fast, because of all those little tools which let you animate… well faster.

Did I hear 'vector'? emoji

A few months ago I tried to do a 'Stop Motion' animation, I was doing it very correctly, but after 5 mins I was already a little crazy emoji I' don't have much patience emoji

Yes…. i do stopmotion animations with Lego (lot's of people do that)
emoji
15 Frames per Second… and i'm still not that crazy.. but i can't really tell.

Yes…. i do stopmotion animations with Lego (lot's of people do that)
emoji
15 Frames per Second… and i'm still not that crazy.. but i can't really tell.

Also did that, the full movie was 6 seconds emoji

Okay. First thing's first. I'm alive. And out of that darn school.

Anyway!
On the subject of the background, …not sure what to say about it. I was working on it around midnight until my grandmother came in and told me to go to bed.
I think it might be going okay, but I'm not really liking what I've done because I don't know what we're looking for in the picture.
What kind of message are we trying to put across? Also, do I need to just do the background, or do you want me to add Ratchet and Clank in? I will if asked.

Anyway!
On the subject of the background, …not sure what to say about it. I was working on it around midnight until my grandmother came in and told me to go to bed.
I think it might be going okay, but I'm not really liking what I've done because I don't know what we're looking for in the picture.
What kind of message are we trying to put across? Also, do I need to just do the background, or do you want me to add Ratchet and Clank in? I will if asked.

If I get it right, gerbensteyaert wanted you to make a teaser poster, but to be honest, I'm not certainly sure what he wanted in it. Guess we have to wait for him.

Anyway!

If I get it right, gerbensteyaert wanted you to make a teaser poster, but to be honest, I'm not certainly sure what he wanted in it. Guess we have to wait for him.

I'm here! I just wabt to put the text 'Coming Soon' on it, but if you know something else, tell me! I just want a R&C background with RéC in the middle… Like the images i gaved you a few days ago, if you still have any questions, be sure to ask them!

Ofcourse we're gonna blow u some awesome sh*t! You can also do that with photshop, but also with Flash.

So, is that a yes, a no, or a maybe?