Thread: ACiT Plot Hole Thread

Ooh… This looks fun!

-The Music

The soundtrack in ACiT is bland and forgettable. Without going to look them up first, can you remember how any of the tracks went?

-The Armor

The armour looked okay, but each one was too similar to the last - in other games, the armours all had a distinct look. And the highest level armour in ACiT was only 50% protection. All the other maximum-level armours in the series were better than that! I shall stick with my Aegis Mark V Battlesuit thank you very much.

-The Space Exploration

I agree with Darkstar, it should have been 3D like the space levels in R&C2…

-The Radio Stations

Okay, the radio stations were pretty good. Most of them anyway.

-The Graphics

the graphics in the pre rendered cutscenes were fantastic. Still don't like the gameplay graphics though. It's as if they couldn't decide whether to go for "realistic" or "Cell-Shaded" and so just went with some horrible mix of the two…

-The Lore

Okay, on that level, they did fairly well, but there were still a few consistency errors here and there…

-The Bonus Missions

Again, like Darkstar said, the "side-missions" were just basic things like "Kill 20 ships" or "move this guy's signs" or "find this guy's Omni-Gasket"…

-The Puzzles

The optional puzzles that in the memonic chambers were pretty good. But the main puzzles required for the story were pretty easy

-The Arena Fights

Need I remind you of R&C3? The arena in that game was vastly superior in every way…

-Dr Nefarious

Need I remind you of R&C3? The Dr. Nefarious in that game was vastly superior in most ways

-Epic Weapons

Need I remind you of R&C1? The weapons in that game were vastly more "epic".

-Funny characters

Need I remind you of R&C3? The humour in that game… you get the idea.

Downsides:
-No Online Multi-player

I don't care much for online multiplayer myself…

-Similar Type of Game play to previous games

Look how A4O and FFA turned out. Maybe the R&C games should stick to what they know…

It certainly has it's flaws however the Story is still epic

User image

User image

the graphics in the pre rendered cutscenes were fantastic. Still don't like the gameplay graphics though. It's as if they couldn't decide whether to go for "realistic" or "Cell-Shaded" and so just went with some horrible mix of the two…

This is not a popular opinion, but… These are my thoughts exactly. I never understood why everyone keeps eulogizing over ACiT's graphics, sure, pre-rendered cutscenes are amazing, the character animation is great and there are some nice effects, but other than that the visuals are not that stunning… I think I like ToD and A4O more.

Let's do this!

-The Music

Dull. Okay, maybe it is not so dull, but, in all honesty, the music is the last thing I notice. I spend an hour trying to explore some glitches on Torren IV yet I have no idea what is the music like.

-The Armor

I don't like the cap-thing above Ratchet's eyes. Other than that, I don't pay extra attention to armor, maybe I've given a second glance to Infernox armor, but that's pretty much it.

-The Space Exploration

It's actually hilarious seeing the orbital barriers being easily penetrable… by flying above or below them. I think it's kinda a space action simplified to 2D, because of the position of the planets. Apparently they follow the same system as our Solar System does - they are all located in a roughly one plane. Thinking about it, having 3D exploration and action would probably cause some dizzyness to me.

-The Radio Stations

Rock version of Beethoven's fifth symphony!

-The Graphics

Enjoyable, save for the graphical effects. Explosions suck (even though I suppose the bad smoke effect of Qwark's smoke bomb was intentional).

-The Lore

Why this thread exists.
Until one starts to think deeply about it, it's so-so. But start to dig a little, and you may as well end up in hospital with brain damage.

-The Bonus Missions

I don't know what to say about bonus missions. Once you obtain the Mapper, all searching and collecting is demoted to easy nothing. As for the space missions… repetitive is the nice word. And short.

-The Puzzles

Clank ones! Yeah, here I stand along with Kubak. Clank missions are very good, both the story ones (easy, to accomodate people without super logic computer brains) and the extra ones (to accomodate the other).

-The Arena Fights

Sometimes original… actually, not so bad.

-Dr Nefarious

I'm not a fan.

-Epic Weapons

More like "funny" or "weird". The only epic weapons are the Plasma Striker and RYNO V. Then there are the Constructo weapons, well, those are good, I think. Not epic though.

-Funny characters

You must mean their absence. Just kidding, there are probably some nice jokes. I just missed them at the age of nine and never looked for them again.

-

Basically, the only thing I kinda like about the game is gameplay (which Swift put as negative). I also like the expansion of collectable items with Constructo Mods and Zoni.

Alright, this sounds cool. I have some thing that I think are weird through all the games, not just CiT.
Here it is:
What is so special about Ratchet? Why is he so special? He was able to beat Tachyon when no other lombax could, then he beat Alister, a lombax that I assume was very good at fighting. I just don't get why he is so special. How did he become special?

Alright, this sounds cool. I have some thing that I think are weird through all the games, not just CiT.
Here it is:
What is so special about Ratchet? Why is he so special? He was able to beat Tachyon when no other lombax could, then he beat Alister, a lombax that I assume was very good at fighting. I just don't get why he is so special. How did he become special?

BECAUSE HE'S BATMAN RATCHET!

User image

Here it is:

By finding Clank.

By finding Clank.

Exactly emoji

Here it is:

How does Ratchet have infinite lives? How is he able to carry so many weapons? Why is he controlled by the player? Why does he exist within a realm of polygons? How come he jumped off a cliff on veldin on my first playthrough of Ratchet and Clank? He's a mystery, or a video game avatar the player controls.

And I'm just sitting here, being the only person who only played the demo of the first game

At the end of QfB Ratchet receives coordinates for the Breegus System through the Obsidian Eye.
So why doesn't he get coordinates for the Great Clock after contacting Clank on Lumos?

Because the one on Hoolefar was way better, and had a more recent firmware update which allowed IP tracking emoji

But the one on Hoolefar is 'many moons ago' old, while it's safe to assume that the Vullards built the one on Lumos, which means it must be fairly recent.

No, the Vullards couldn't have built that thing, it looked ancient, and resides deep within a Zoni temple. I believe the temples were probably constructed by the Fongoids (or maybe the Zoni?) a really long time a go, which means either the Eye was built at the same time as the temple, or the temple was built around the already old Eye.

One thing is for sure, the Eye in Hoolerfar is in much better condition, and is surrounded by a much more advanced looking room, which implies it is either newer or was built by smarter creatures.

And also, maybe the Obsidian Eyes can only locate the sector the Great Clock is in, and they aren't designed to give out more specific co-ordinates as a safety measure to ensure the Zoni can't be attacked be hostile creatures so easily, that way once the person gets into the sector it is up to the Zoni to reach out to them if they can be trusted.