Thread: What's up with Ratchet?

No idea. Last thing that was on topic was my post of Iron Superlombax and that was barely on topic.

Topics are for wimps anyway.emoji

No, topics are for Forums, and this one was solved ages ago. We should continue on the Really Random Thread.

No, topics are for Forums, and this one was solved ages ago. We should continue on the Really Random Thread.

That was sarcasm…

So, to get back on topic, I have another question. What if Ratchet had a special power that helped him? What would it be? Let me say that this is just for fun, not saying that he really has powers. And please don't make the answer ridiculous like, he has laser eyes. He obviously doesn't. Please try to make it plausible.

He has the immense power of luck. Not unlike Fortune from MGS, he can get through absolutely every situation unscathed.

He has the immense power of luck. Not unlike Fortune from MGS, he can get through absolutely every situation unscathed.

Well, that sums it all emoji. But he's not always lucky. Like getting shot from a cannon to Hoolefar, framed by Klunk, and killed by Azimuth (Clank saved him later, though)

Ah, Drake syndrome.

cool, though ankedewo has a point. any other suggestions?

Ah, Drake syndrome.

And what on earth is Drake syndrome?

Well, that sums it all emoji. But he's not always lucky. Like getting shot from a cannon to Hoolefar, framed by Klunk, and killed by Azimuth (Clank saved him later, though)

Well he was shot out of cannon at his objective, and survived just fine. And Ratchet never really got framed by Klunk, that was all a TV show. And finally the Azimuth incident was completely prevented by Ratchet's very own guardian of time. Not many characters can die and live to talk about it! I'd say Ratchet is a pretty lucky character.

And what on earth is Drake syndrome?

Nathan Drake from Uncharted is an incredibly lucky person. I always considered his power to be the power of Hollywood, which is effectively the same as luck, but with way more close shaves and one liners.

So, we can conclude that Ratchet and Drake are two among the luckiest video game characters

But, I don't think Clank told him that he died previously

And Lara Croft… and Solid Snake… and Jak… and Sly Cooper…

(continuing the list) and Clank, and all of those unknown playable pilots in Ace Combat, and Larry "Pixy" Foulke, and…(everybody is welcome to continue the list)

And Lara Croft… and Solid Snake… and Jak… and Sly Cooper…

What a second… do you really think Solid Snake is all that lucky? I mean in Metal Gear 1 he had to fight his commander and father, in Metal Gear 2 he lost someone he cared about (which seemingly emotionally wrecks him) and finally killed Big Boss. Ever since Metal Gear Solid he's been running around trying to fix the mess he feels responsible for after that game, and then we have MGS4 which sees him grow old and tired way before his time.

I wouldn't consider Snake very lucky outside of combat, which I believe we are supposed to legitimately believe is largely down to skill (with a fair amount of luck).